swingarm pivot bolt

Mason

ok guys im in the process of putting new swingarm bearings in and i cant get the pivot bolt to come out. i have tried hitting it out, turning it out, heat, pb blaster crap, wd40, hitting it out with a push pin, it wont come out no matter what i do. i have got it to come out about 1/2" if that and it wont go any further. please i need some help because i would like to have these puppies in tonight. thanks for any info.

Take a punch a PB Blaster and keep spraying the hole with that and keep beating on it..I one that was locked up and I ended up cutting the tube so I could get the swinger off then beat it out..Was rusted alot tighter than yours, I couldn't get it to budge on the frame..

when they get like that you always destroy them taking them out anyway so use a bigger hammer-about a 4 pounder...goodluck

If you absolutely can't get it out take a sawzall and cut between the frame and swinger to cut the bolt in half on each side..Then you will just have to get a new tube/bolt or maybe get it out of the tube then and just get a new bolt..

I had one liek that.

I got a long rod with a flat peice on the top of it.

Then get alot of really small washers to put on it. then it was around three inches out and i would beat the shit out of that and not the rod. It would move three inches and then u have to put more washers on it.

Thats jsut my .02

well my father thought he could help and we ended up cutting the bolt being the clutch cover with a torch..... ended up cracking my swinger in 3 places, melted a hole in my frame down below by the back brake lever, and that SOB is still on there. so now i guess we gott cut it on the other side to get it off....these 50 dollar bearings are going to turn into a couple hundred dollar project... but thanks for the help guys

we ended up cutting the bolt being the clutch cover with a torch..... ended up cracking my swinger in 3 places, melted a hole in my frame down below by the back brake lever, and that SOB is still on there. so now i guess we gott cut it on the other side to get it off....these 50 dollar bearings are going to turn into a couple hundred dollar project.

Damm that sucks. You might want to pm ellison and see if he has a pivot bolt. I hope you dont need a new frame, "melted a hole".

sawzall. 5 out of 10 of the bikes i part out are like this. i have the bolt, sleeve and a few swingers. get to cutting. a lil tip. do not try to cut the sleeve, unless you have a few packs of sawzall blades.

• 1 year later...

sawzall. 5 out of 10 of the bikes i part out are like this. i have the bolt, sleeve and a few swingers. get to cutting. a lil tip. do not try to cut the sleeve, unless you have a few packs of sawzall blades.

Mine won't budge, and I've finally admitted it's Sawzall time. One problem I did run into is that although I think the blade is a standard width, there is not enough room between the swingarm and frame to actually get to cutting. Has anyone else ran into this?

My swing arm bolt was stuck it wouldn't move either way and I used the snap-on 3050 (air hammer)and it cam right out in about 5 seconds.

a regular air hammer may work but the 3050 is big and knocks it out in seconds and zero chance of bending something.

Edited by STINKYDELUXE