hjr 421 cub

In a few hours im heading over to get the bike dyno tuned. What do you think the numbers will be? All mods are in my sig, only additions I made from there recently were v-force reeds, and now running alky. When i get back home i will post up the graph, i actually have steve abbott helping me tune it, pretty cool dude. dude shearers suck for fitment around the carbs pain in my dick. Had to get a piece of hose and a hose clamp to pull it toward the frame a little more.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know people say dont worry about the numbers but i would like to see the number 100. but the main reason im doing it is to get the bike real close on the jetting because i new to alky just put the carbs and reeds on last night. i just want to ake sure everything is right. if everything goes well ill hit up dumont tomorrow moring to test more on the hill.

edit, heh.

my 485 cheetah dm on gas reads 100 rwh with 20" knobbies on a land & sea dyno. i'm sure yours will post good numbers. i have shearer in-frames too.. i'm always having to replace the outerwares because they rub on the pipe. pain in the dick agreed. hope to see you at the dunes brother.

Edited by high octane junkie

yeah he'll never have my bike overnight, for reasons like that. he does seemed like he changed a little. now he has this new dyno that he paid like 50g's for and his old one is in the back storage area, and the one previous to that tony from quadmania has. this one is new within the last 10 months. he said he could help me tune the bike on alky.

i edited my last post, i don't wanna start nothin' so i'll stay civil but yeah, i agree with what you wrote. i was unaware he got a new dyno though, hopefully it's set up well.

i took a banshee to tony once, can't remember what for. no complaints. back in those days skip was working on my quads and unless he was building a motor, he didn't wanna mess with little stuff. the guy who has built my last four quads is really on top of his stuff, i've never had anything blow up, or any mishaps.

dude does talk alot. his favorite sayings. " you know what im saying" "you know what i mean" :biggrin:

rofl he's a goofball definitely.. but he can ride! back in the day nobody can ride a three wheeler like he could.. and he's a nut too! a buddy of mine got in a buggy with him at amargosa, and he took that thing straight over the top of big dune at full throttle. steve can effin' ride. i'll give him that, but that's about it heh.

guy that dynoed it said on anyone elses dyno it would have been around 100-105. the name of the company that did it was Pure Evil Racing. I was there for about 3 hours. he stated when i have more time next week he wants me to come back and he'll cut me different domes,mess with more timing, and change the squish. he said with more extensive tuning he could get to 100 real to the ground hp. he said the motor impressed him and one of the highest hitting 421 he's seen on his dyno. he had another 421 the week before and it was hitting 83 with similar mods on his dyno.

scandyno.th.jpg