Drag pipes?

i have drag pipes on my banshee and 280 jets with stock carbs and individual filters and a advanced timing plate?

and my shee doesnt act right it wont accelerate when i punch the throttle

do you guys think its cause of the pipes or something

and if i bore my cylinders and get bigger carbs will that work?

no i dont you think ill need it?

Yea. You don't run a drag pipe on stock porting. The drag pipes are designed to make power at a higher rpm and the stock porting is not. Ethire get a port job or sell the pipes and get something different. I would chose the first option

Yea. You don't run a drag pipe on stock porting. The drag pipes are designed to make power at a higher rpm and the stock porting is not. Ethire get a port job or sell the pipes and get something different. I would chose the first option

oh well yeah thats what im going to do then imma get a port job?

another question do you think if i get bigger carbs that will help my performance out better?

and what size would be good?

It depends on what kind of riding you do.

If you are not building an all out drag bike or don't ride super tight trails then I would go for a dune port.

If I was your shoes and had the money for a port job and carbs. I would do a 4mill and run the stock carbs for now.

i had a 350 motor bored .40 over with a dune port job. also had 34 pj carbs and cpi oof's... bike ran ok, but top end sucked. dynoed the bike at 48 hp , bike read bad rich on top , put my fmf fatty's on and dynoed at 51 after i jetted down alittle... bike pulled like crazy with the fmf's.

the cpi oof 's were to much for the portin and 34 pj carbs.

banshee001.jpg

ran better one i put some cpi inframes on it.

ricoparts021.jpg

imo unless your willing to toss out the coin to port,stroke and carburate your engine your better off selling your drag pipes and going with a set of t-5's.

i know a set of stone stock cylinders and a stock welded crank works well with a set of t-5's, 28mm kehin pwks, k&n filters, 4mm timing advance, and a cool head with 19cc domes....

what kind of riding do u do ? id only have oof pipes on a drag bike. if u plan on dunin or trails of any kind. stay with inframes.

oof pipes are made for WOT... and not made for hard riding... u ' ll start breakin the brackets.

but if ur plannin on doin cpi's or shears.... ur goin to have to have some portin done. hollar at jeff at F.A.S.T.

im just looking to make my shee to be a hillshooter and be racing in the staight aways in the sand thats all i use it for i dont ride it hard at all

and i have some cpi's on it right now

whats the diffrence between a dune port and a 4 mill?

I would recommend you start with a call to some engine builders. For one thing, I am nearly positive your 280 main with OOFs is too small. Running OOFs just for a look will hurt you in the performance department. You will need radical port timing to take advantage of them. I too would recommend going to an in frame pipe. You are no where near needing OOFs yet. Put it this way, that bike will straight way UP when you put the right pipes back on it. T-5s have always been a good choice for no port to wild port engines.

B

I would recommend you start with a call to some engine builders. For one thing, I am nearly positive your 280 main with OOFs is too small. Running OOFs just for a look will hurt you in the performance department. You will need radical port timing to take advantage of them. I too would recommend going to an in frame pipe. You are no where near needing OOFs yet. Put it this way, that bike will straight way UP when you put the right pipes back on it. T-5s have always been a good choice for no port to wild port engines.

B

well imma make some calls and see what they tell me whats best

thank