Cleaning pipes

I just use CLR lime and rust remover spray on let sit then wipe off. You can wipe off with some steel wool too if you want. The CLR wont dull the chrome either

Mothers chrome polish and fine steel wool works good for me.

Is it really chrome on Pro-Circuit Platinum pipes though? I really can't tell!

I thought t304 was stainless steel. that's what mine say and I used miriatic acid and s.o.s pads, then polished with "blue magic" polish. mine were pitted rusted and had burnt nylon on them. Spent about 4 hours on them and they came out pretty good. Going to do them again this winter.

Blue Magic metal polish just follow directions I used it on my pipes and rims both which looked like crap before rims had no shine before and pipes had tiny rust spots and they where very dull no shine and I think they turned pretty good compared to what they did look like. Any auto parts store or even Walmart

The problem with that is now they went from Chrome to looking like stainless steel, and they're not shiny.

The key is to get off the rust but leave the chrome shiny/gleaming still.

I've had the best luck with WD50, a very, very fine scotchbrite pad and some NeverDull to polish them up.

Neverdull is wadding in a can and I swear that can will last forever!

I just use acid from pools...using a 1part acid and 2 parts water... have running water and gloves and out side. put a little of some dish soap in it and swish it around... get an old rag like a sock. start on one pipe and it should start bubbling. let it sit for around 30 and rub with sock. wash off with fresh running water. Keeps my pipes like new. Oh and dont huff the vapors from the acid. you dont have to have a mask but just keep up wind and not standing over it while you work

Edited by GrMeyer