IDEAS FOR NEW INNOVATIONS TO BE ENGINEERED/MANUFACTURED

That's retarded...If you'd pay $300 for those your overpaid. :huh:

if i HAD to id pay 300 for them.. punk.

I think he was saying he would pay that if he had to.............. I am pretty sure that is not what he actually paid for them.

yea, pretty sure i got them for 200. :biggrin:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats my cut? I don't want to be treated like Bill Gates' roommate was if you know what I mean. This is the kinds of things that happens when you tell someone else your ideas.

Whats my cut? I don't want to be treated like Bill Gates' roommate was if you know what I mean. This is the kinds of things that happens when you tell someone else your ideas.

We have always helped out people that help us. Free parts is at the top of the list.

B

We have always helped out people that help us. Free parts is at the top of the list.

B

About a year and a half ago, I approached a few builders about making a set of shift drums for override trannies. As it was then, I think every builder that cut trannies still had to manually weld and machine the grooves in the shift drum, which is the most time consuming part, and all of them that I'd talked to would gladly fork out $60+ for the drum. I'm really not certain what the material and machining costs would be, never really made it that far, because we got busy as hell at work. It's highly likely you could charge much more, since they typically charge 300-450 per tranny.

Also, looked into making some pegs for multiple ATV's, where the peg itself was common, but how it mounted to the bike was different. Material cost for that shouldn't be too bad.

About a year and a half ago, I approached a few builders about making a set of shift drums for override trannies. As it was then, I think every builder that cut trannies still had to manually weld and machine the grooves in the shift drum, which is the most time consuming part, and all of them that I'd talked to would gladly fork out $60+ for the drum. I'm really not certain what the material and machining costs would be, never really made it that far, because we got busy as hell at work. It's highly likely you could charge much more, since they typically charge 300-450 per tranny.

Also, looked into making some pegs for multiple ATV's, where the peg itself was common, but how it mounted to the bike was different. Material cost for that shouldn't be too bad.

I have several models and turn/mill programs for drums.... Y'all are welcome to them if you want 'em. I think they can be cut and out of some pretty cheap metal, carbnurized, and half-assed ground, while still being better than anyone else in the industry. :geek:

Lift Kits for trucks. You don't even have to make a kit for Baja. Just your typical Economy kit that uses springs rather then spacers are going for a grand. And there isn't much to the kits. 2 upper and lower control arms, a few relocation brackets, shims, ubolts and blocks, and springs. add some powder coat and a some zerk fittings.

I've got some ideas for a completely new shifting mechanism for the banshee. I've only machined about 3 of them, and I'm running one of them in my black bike with excellent results on shifting ability. I think it would be something that could be put on the market with pretty good success, but I don't have the manufacturing means to mass produce it.

Anyone who is familiar with banshee transmissions knows how they shift once you pass the 70hp mark. There are a LOT of riders out there who want the ease of an override trans or dunable override, but without any worries of backloading or downshifting at any rpm range. Anyone who's ridden my black bike can and will attest to the shift pattern/ease.

The few units I've made were all done by hand on an old bridgeport mill. I don't have plans or CAD drawings for them.

- Jared

I've got some ideas for a completely new shifting mechanism for the banshee. I've only machined about 3 of them, and I'm running one of them in my black bike with excellent results on shifting ability. I think it would be something that could be put on the market with pretty good success, but I don't have the manufacturing means to mass produce it.

Anyone who is familiar with banshee transmissions knows how they shift once you pass the 70hp mark. There are a LOT of riders out there who want the ease of an override trans or dunable override, but without any worries of backloading or downshifting at any rpm range. Anyone who's ridden my black bike can and will attest to the shift pattern/ease.

The few units I've made were all done by hand on an old bridgeport mill. I don't have plans or CAD drawings for them.

- Jared

I can model the thing and cook up some prints if you want to take your ideas into a stahe of devekopments where we could get quotes from a job shop to get them machined. :geek:

Easy there big boy........... No offense, but your peg extenders are not even similar to the IMS pegs. :confused:

Give me a break big boy..... for the average trail rider, you will not notice a difference. I have propegs and I like the extenders better.. And, how would you know if you haven't tried my pegs guy? :blink:

Firehead, don't get so worked up man, those IMS pegs are just overpriced. I know what it takes to manufacture, and they ARE overpriced. Only point I had there.

Back to the thread, there are tons and tons of products to me manufactured. That is what I try and focus on all the time. Develop new products that are less expensive than the competitor yet equal quality.

How about a Billed 2nd gear and some strite cut gears that are priced fairly. Maby make a package deal out of then.

Great Idea... Also other billet items. Clutch covers, stator covers, etc.. Anything machined billet is super salty on the market today. If you could offer it for less, it could be a HIT

Give me a break big boy..... for the average trail rider, you will not notice a difference. I have propegs and I like the extenders better.. And, how would you know if you haven't tried my pegs guy? :blink:

Firehead, don't get so worked up man, those IMS pegs are just overpriced. I know what it takes to manufacture, and they ARE overpriced. Only point I had there.

Back to the thread, there are tons and tons of products to me manufactured. That is what I try and focus on all the time. Develop new products that are less expensive than the competitor yet equal quality.

Personally, I never liked the Pro Pegs....

I don't really see the IMS pegs as being over priced. I mean, they have no competition, are expensive to manufacture, and a have a high level of liability involved.

My only point was that your kits really are the same thing as a set of IMS pegs. Maybe I read your previous post wrong. :ermm: