IDEAS FOR NEW INNOVATIONS TO BE ENGINEERED/MANUFACTURED

The biggest problem with trying to offer billet parts for less comes down to production numbers. If you could sell enough of them to make a big enough run of the parts, most likely you could get them a little cheaper. But it still comes down to the run time and material cost which both have a bottom dollar. Most shops have a bottom dollar that they charge for run time and its usually charged by the minute. If you cant produce enough to justify the cost of the machine, its not worth having the machine.

The other problem with billet goodies is that everyone wants polished or annodized parts. But most people do not realize the cost incurred on either one which of coarse drives up the production cost.

I've been looking into all the different Billet accessories out there to see if we can leave our mark somewhere. And really, there are so many manufacturers that offer billet goodies right now that in reality charge great prices, that its not with the design, setup and run time to try to make an extra buck. There is a fair share of high priced billet manufacturers out there as well, but there is also a market for them with the people with deaper pockets.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I never liked the Pro Pegs....

I don't really see the IMS pegs as being over priced. I mean, they have no competition, are expensive to manufacture, and a have a high level of liability involved.

My only point was that your kits really are the same thing as a set of IMS pegs. Maybe I read your previous post wrong. :ermm:

I believe you meant to say mine "are not" the same as IMS pegs. Hell no they are not the same, but they do offer an improvement over stock. lol

I believe you meant to say mine "are not" the same as IMS pegs. Hell no they are not the same, but they do offer an improvement over stock. lol

Yeah, I that's what meant to say. Proof reading seems to have fallen by the way-side last night. :biggrin:

I agree, you kit is an improvement over stock. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm new to banshees, so it might already be done. But how about an easier to install air box. I'd like to hang the bastard that designed it by the ballz. Those that ride in mud/water need a box. All it would have to do is slide forward over the pins, instead of hooking over them. Could even offer them in different colers maybee.

ok, not grand items, or high dollar, but i have a few easy ones.

first, a tors removal kit that utilizes the stock parts, mostly. all it would need is the cable retainers that screw into the slide for the stock cable, and the ones that screw into the stock caps, plus the idle screws.

second, is the shifters. one, +1 or+2, or even+3. another, with a heel lever on it, tucked twards the rear sproket, so it doesn't accidentally get hit, but makes switching between upshifting, and downshifting easier, buy twisting your fott, rather than moving above and below the shifter.

i have another big idea, if you have the capibilities of producing cylinders for other engines. pm me if interested.

the biggest thing people are seeking in any market is low cost, and if you just look at marketing for something like can-am, where everything is rediculously overpriced, but shouldn't be more cost to produce than other similar products.

ok, not grand items, or high dollar, but i have a few easy ones.

first, a tors removal kit that utilizes the stock parts, mostly. all it would need is the cable retainers that screw into the slide for the stock cable, and the ones that screw into the stock caps, plus the idle screws.

second, is the shifters. one, +1 or+2, or even+3. another, with a heel lever on it, tucked twards the rear sproket, so it doesn't accidentally get hit, but makes switching between upshifting, and downshifting easier, buy twisting your fott, rather than moving above and below the shifter.

i have another big idea, if you have the capibilities of producing cylinders for other engines. pm me if interested.

the biggest thing people are seeking in any market is low cost, and if you just look at marketing for something like can-am, where everything is rediculously overpriced, but shouldn't be more cost to produce than other similar products.

I have the ability to produce engine cylinders..... What's the idea? :geek:

I have the ability to produce engine cylinders..... What's the idea? :geek:

well, it's a conversion of sorts, but i'd like to work with someone to patent the idea/design. what kinda #'s can you do? don't wanna spill too much, but it could have huge potential

damn it! almost :shoothead: walked away without hitting post, again

well, it's a conversion of sorts, but i'd like to work with someone to patent the idea/design. what kinda #'s can you do? don't wanna spill too much, but it could have huge potential

damn it! almost :shoothead: walked away without hitting post, again

I have ways to make as few or as many cylinders as needed. PM me with your idea..... I can think of a couple conversion ideas.