IDEAS FOR NEW INNOVATIONS TO BE ENGINEERED/MANUFACTURED

Figured I would throw the line out and see if any good ideas get reeled back in. We primarily engineer/cnc manufacture aerospace components and our racing/auto markets take a back seat but recently, with the "MF" economy, it has forced us to consider other possibilities. We are far from slow here but reading the writing on the walls is important. I am curious if you guys have any great ideas in the ATV markets? Our shop is geared for production so it does create problems in some "specialty" market, which means "not very many". We rarely run less than 500 of anything here. That being said, our ears are always open and ideas considered. Considerations for annual usage are important too...

We have a couple new ATV products near release but willing to throw more effort into future ideas and engineering. If you guys have any solid ideas with marketing considerations, we are all ears. Hell, we are open to about any market right now. PM me of you like. Engineering and R&D costs are usually absorbed by us for new designs.

Brandon

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A set of these that don't cost $200 bucks...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Roll-Design...sQ5fAccessories

Thanks for the reply. I would have to look at the market for such a thing. I will admit that those are NOT cheap pegs. We work with 17-4PH stainless a lot and it is one of the most structural stainless steals you can get. That being said, I have to wonder if we examined the material used, if it would actually BE 17-4...

B

A 2-piece or 3-piece stator cover with bearing support, but geared more towards off-road, and not dragging. Meaning, not worrying about the weight. Something that looks like the Chariot piece, but without the spidered bearing support. Maybe solid right there. Me personally, I like the smooth, clean look, without any designs. hint, hint. :cool: :biggrin:

Thanks for the reply. I would have to look at the market for such a thing. I will admit that those are NOT cheap pegs. We work with 17-4PH stainless a lot and it is one of the most structural stainless steals you can get. That being said, I have to wonder if we examined the material used, if it would actually BE 17-4...

B

Since ya'll do alot of CNC work I can't think of many things that aren't already produced. Not many parts on a banshee are CNC'd.

those are worth every bit of 200 bucks. after having them for as long as i have, id pay 300 if i had to for another set..

Your rite, they are worth it and I cant wait to get mine. That being said you cant say that your not only paying for the pegs your paying for the name. Roll Design makes great stuff but they also make stuff equal to alot of other companys and they want the $$$$ more because of name recognition. A Roll Design ATV is either for a sponcered rider or a rider with deep pockets. Thats the truth.

Hey Brandon, how about some sort of universal heelguard design for all types of Nerf Bars??? Alot of R&D There.

speaking of footpegs. If you started making your own that had the heel gaurds like IMS used to make, I would think you could sell a shit load. I dont want nerfs on my bike but I would love to have some healgaurds that had a great fit and where tough.

A 2-piece or 3-piece stator cover with bearing support, but geared more towards off-road, and not dragging. Meaning, not worrying about the weight. Something that looks like the Chariot piece, but without the spidered bearing support. Maybe solid right there. Me personally, I like the smooth, clean look, without any designs. hint, hint. :cool: :biggrin:

Na, forget about that I only make 2 pennies per part. Even though it is so light it is very very strong. I just remove aluminum where it isn't necessary. This part is good for offroad as well as drag.

If you do find a part that you can make 500 pieces per year let the rest of us know.

Edited by Chariot Performance

i think you would be better off making something universal for most atv's, and not just banshee specific.. something like billet brake line clamps/holders that bolt onto the a arms, or maybe wheels spacers.. its going to be hard to come up with something new with all the aftermarket stuff out there.. but if you can beat there price, you should do good.. also what about doing skid plates and body armor?

those are worth every bit of 200 bucks. after having them for as long as i have, id pay 300 if i had to for another set..

Word......... and they probably cost 60% of that to manufacture.

I just wish they still made the heel guards that go with them. :sad: