IMS tank paint?

mofoka

Hey guys

I'm not liking the way my 'white' IMS 5.7 tank looks.... one its stained and the white doesn't match anyways.

I was thinking to paint it with regular spray cans, but is there a trick to painting these gas tanks?

thats strange mine is very white maybe they have an off white color or natural or something. I haven`t had any issues with stickers on mine at all. In fact I took some stickers off and am having a hard time getting the glue off. I saw a advertisement for one of the spray can companies they have a new line of paint out. It is supposed to stick to plastic very well can`t remember the brand though

Sand it with some 220 grit or a scotch brite pad, use some white Krylon fusion paint, then clear coat it with some dupli-color engine enamel clear coat, its the 500 degree stuff... It is chemical and gas resistant, so it will keep anything from happening to the paint, and the fusion paint supposedly bonds to the plastic

• Like 1

Sand it with some 220 grit or a scotch brite pad, use some white Krylon fusion paint, then clear coat it with some dupli-color engine enamel clear coat, its the 500 degree stuff... It is chemical and gas resistant, so it will keep anything from happening to the paint, and the fusion paint supposedly bonds to the plastic

It's chemical and gas resistant if they get spilled on them. The problem with plastic tanks are that they are porous, the gas will cause the paint to bubble from under because it will not let it hold to the plastic.

• 3 years later...

i dont reconmend painting it, i painted mine i sanded it with 220 320 lightly with 180 then lightly sandblasted then sprayed adhesion promoter and painted with base clear. it lasted a year and then it bubbled like crazy i ended up scraping it off and sanding it smooth put some stickers on i poked a bunch of holes with a needle so the tank can breath it seems to help with stickers staying on.