2008 Yamaha Banshee. Brand new, never ridden.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How does it work in the US now. Did Yamaha stop selling 2 strokes, or are they banned from being sold altogether?

Certain 2-strokes are still being sold here as long as they meet our strict EPA guidelines. The Banshee complied until 2007, but not anymore. '06 is the last year it was sold here. GasGas and other trials bikes with 2-stroke engines have been able to comply and are still being sold here. The motocross bikes by Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki are all 4-stroke here now. They supposedly weren't "clean" enough. Chainsaws, blowers, rc cars etc. are still OK because of their engine size, at least for now.

Certain 2-strokes are still being sold here as long as they meet our strict EPA guidelines. The Banshee complied until 2007, but not anymore. '06 is the last year it was sold here. GasGas and other trials bikes with 2-stroke engines have been able to comply and are still being sold here. The motocross bikes by Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki are all 4-stroke here now. They supposedly weren't "clean" enough. Chainsaws, blowers, rc cars etc. are still OK because of their engine size, at least for now.

That's not entirely true... Those guidelines, or laws were never enforced.. Or, at least that's what I've been told... And because of that there are some 2 stroke motocross bikes being produced again.. Suzuki still sells a 2 stroke "MOTOCROSS" bike...

http://www.suzukicycles.com/Product%20Line...egory=motocross

Edited by Landbruiser

And, here's the 2009 Yamaha YZ250 motocross bike, which by the way, is a 2 stroke....

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/products.../30/0/home.aspx

I did a little research to be sure. At present time, 2009, the only 2-stroke motocross bike available in the USA is the YZ 250/125. There are small 2-stroke engine bikes like the 80/100s, but that's because the law doesn't affect them like the bigger engines. I don't know if the manufacturers are caving in, or if the law is stopping them. I can say there is only one Japanese manufacturer left selling them here. A sign of the future.

[

~edited for spelling~

The 2008 Banshee is not rare by any means. There are hundreds, if not thousands of them in Canada being ridden all the time. Finding one that has never been started, sat on, or scratched is another story. I posted it for sale on this site hoping someone else would appreciate the value of a new quad as opposed to a ridden one. I can't be the only person who thought it would be cool to have the last year of a legend in mint condition.

i priced one out last summer. in sudbury ontario 8300 full of gas with new helmet out the door,, but i do know the sales man, changed my mind and kept my 2000 and boutght a truck.

but im sure 9500$ out the door is possible.. good luck with the sale..

I did a little research to be sure. At present time, 2009, the only 2-stroke motocross bike available in the USA is the YZ 250/125. There are small 2-stroke engine bikes like the 80/100s, but that's because the law doesn't affect them like the bigger engines. I don't know if the manufacturers are caving in, or if the law is stopping them. I can say there is only one Japanese manufacturer left selling them here. A sign of the future.

you forgot ktm they got tones of 2 strokes still being sold today

[

~edited for spelling~

The 2008 Banshee is not rare by any means. There are hundreds, if not thousands of them in Canada being ridden all the time. Finding one that has never been started, sat on, or scratched is another story. I posted it for sale on this site hoping someone else would appreciate the value of a new quad as opposed to a ridden one. I can't be the only person who thought it would be cool to have the last year of a legend in mint condition.

i priced one out last summer. in sudbury ontario 8300 full of gas with new helmet out the door,, but i do know the sales man, changed my mind and kept my 2000 and boutght a truck.

but im sure 9500$ out the door is possible.. good luck with the sale..

I apparently overpaid for my Banshee. Between the conversion to Canadian money and paying full MSRP, which I usually never do, I took a hit on this one. If anyone is interested, make me an offer. I have the Banshee at the dealership in storage. The transaction will be easy. I have made arrangements with them to sell it to the person of my choice. I won't give it away, but I am sure I threw money away on this one!