Ate It Hard

05.Banshee.SE

n1109760195_30263626_7121718.jpg

n1109760195_30263625_8086516.jpg

Ate it on a 4th gear wheelie, no helmet, no shirt...

This jackass jokingly swerved at me pretending like he was going to hit me, so I shot for the moon, stood it up upper RPMs 4th gear, grab bar bounced off the ground, I feel off and slid from pavement to gravel. Bike shot 20 feet, hit a ledge, went end over end, then rolled 3 times. Flipped it back over, and rode home.

Outcome: road rash from knee to chin, tore something in my swollen ass knee (probably meniscus).

Could have been much worse. Always wear a helmet....I was just running down the street and back and this happened.

If you're going to be stupid, you have to be tough.

Edit-

Damage: a arm, hub, shock, bent the frame in the rear...unknown for now.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

media2-1.jpg

media1-9.jpg

Here's a brief look at it. This is after a few days of healing. It doesn't look like much, but I am 6' 2" so it's larger than it looks.

It goes on both sides, around my ass and shit, down my arms, on my chest...,etc.

That's my knee after the swelling went down.

Seriously? No helmet or shirt? Were you wearing flip flops and shorts too? At least you are ok...

The Shee can be fixed!

Stay safe and wear a lid next time.

Sorry, I can't control people fucking around and being idiots. I didn't help the situation at all, but guess what, my dues are paid, and my lessons learned. I've pulled tons of wheelies, never had this happen....I had one jackass swerve at me like he was going to hit me, and this happened.

I had not run the bike in a while, and I wanted to let her rip down the street and back.

If you haven't ever rode your bike without a helmet or shirt, or anything like that, then you are full of shit. We are all guilty of it at some point.

And yeah, I was wearing shorts and tennis shoes. Bad riding gear? Fuck yeah. Was I planning on riding more than 5 miles, let alone wiping out? No.

I know I am guilty. I will go around the block once a week so the bike is not sitting. I just get on it and go in whatever I got on.

It is funny b/c if I am out riding, I will wear my helmet and gear even if I am just putting around camp in 2nd gear. I guess we get comfortable at home and don't think twice about what-if's.

Sorry, I can't control people fucking around and being idiots. I didn't help the situation at all, but guess what, my dues are paid, and my lessons learned. I've pulled tons of wheelies, never had this happen....I had one jackass swerve at me like he was going to hit me, and this happened.

I had not run the bike in a while, and I wanted to let her rip down the street and back.

If you haven't ever rode your bike without a helmet or shirt, or anything like that, then you are full of shit. We are all guilty of it at some point.

And yeah, I was wearing shorts and tennis shoes. Bad riding gear? Fuck yeah. Was I planning on riding more than 5 miles, let alone wiping out? No.

We all have gone for a spin without the right gear. But like you said you cant control what other idiots do on the roads...

Be safe bro...