vp vs av

I have been running 100LL in my bike since I put the 4mil stroker in it (3 years ago). I have 190 lbs of compression and have never had any issues with the fuel.

Plus the airport by my house lets me buy fuel 24 hours a day ($4.29 a gallon right now) and I never get hassled by anyone. I get weird looks from people, walking up to the pump station in the middle of the airfield with 3 gas cans when you are surrounded by planes waiting to refuel, but nobody says anything.

Edited by 1fastmofo

I have been running 100LL in my bike since I put the 4mil stroker in it (3 years ago). I have 190 lbs of compression and have never had any issues with the fuel.

Plus the airport by my house lets me buy fuel 24 hours a day ($4.29 a gallon right now) and I never get hassled by anyone. I get weird looks from people, walking up to the pump station in the middle of the airfield with 3 gas cans when you are surrounded by planes waiting to refuel, but nobody says anything.

hah yea Ill bet. Prob looks a lil shady. What do you have your timing set at? I was going to try +7, but Im might stick with 4 with 100LL.

The funniest is when I go to get gas at 11:00 pm the night before I go riding. The few people at the airfield then REALLY start mean mugging me, but still, no one says a word. Damn near easier to get gas there than at a real gas station.

I have the timing set at +4 and am using B9ES plugs. I was getting detonation using the B8ES plugs and they were backing out. The B9's run a little cooler and haven't had a problem since.

I run it too in my bike, been running just that for at least 3 years now, my current setup is 170psi, +8 timing. not a problem. there is an engine shop localy that builts racing engines and ship em all across north america and he once told me that it was not the best thing to use but it will work good and is far better that running pump gas. I also heard that AV will stay fresh for almost a year in a gas jug... not that i would ever try it but it sure attest of the quality of the stuff.

im running avgas that's a year old :ermm: it was for my car but it blew up ages ago so im trying to use the avgas up in the banshee. only 150liters to go hhaha.

13months shelf life if its been sealed and left in a cool place. and its been 15months now.

Edited by dirtydownunder

I went there today to fill a can and they told me I cant because it has to go directly into the plane? fucking stupid bitch!

LOL shitty deal man, that is bull shit though...what do they care.

The airport here i go get mine at, there so damn friendly its not even funny. I usually have my shee in the back of my truck and go through the gate (manager gave me the code :thumbsup: ) and there always asking how fast it goes and looking it over and all that shit lol

So damn cheep to buy too. Couple cents more them 94 from the pump. :ninja:

Tell them you have an ultra light at home and you take off from your field and the "other" guy let you fill your cans the" other" week. :whistling: They cant say no to that man.

Good luck.

LOL shitty deal man, that is bull shit though...what do they care.

The airport here i go get mine at, there so damn friendly its not even funny. I usually have my shee in the back of my truck and go through the gate (manager gave me the code :thumbsup: ) and there always asking how fast it goes and looking it over and all that shit lol

So damn cheep to buy too. Couple cents more them 94 from the pump. :ninja:

Tell them you have an ultra light at home and you take off from your field and the "other" guy let you fill your cans the" other" week. :whistling: They cant say no to that man.

Good luck.

Ill give it a shot. thnx

I went there today to fill a can and they told me I cant because it has to go directly into the plane? fucking stupid bitch!

That blows man! I know the feeling thow. They act like they are in charge of some super top secret shit around those airport gas stations.

• 3 weeks later...