vp vs av

hey, I know VP is a much higher quality fuel to use,. but its going to cost me nearly $75 to run 15 gallons in my quad. I just checked the price at the small airport near me and the self service is $2.96 a gallon for 100 octane and like .50 more for higher. So 5 gallons would run me about $15 vs $70 for VP110 and 93. Is it worth it to just save with the AV gas? I think the 1/8 mile track may have VP as well which is about an hour drive away, Im going to see what they have to offer, but the airport is like 10 min away if even. At the powersports shop, its between $55-75 for 5 gallons depending on type.

I know of a good amount of guys running av gas. There motors are jetting for it and running compression as high as 180 lbs of compression. I used to run it all the time in my 86 TRX250R with good luck. I don't run it in my banshee or my TRX250R. The TRX250R has 210lbs of compression. I run straight 110 octane that I get at the trace for $9 a gallon. Don't mix av gas with 93. Run av gas straight with oil mixed.

Edited by methyman

I know of a good amount of guys running av gas. There motors are jetting for it and running compression as high as 180 lbs of compression. I used to run it all the time in my 86 TRX250R with good luck. I don't run it in my banshee or my TRX250R. The TRX250R has 210lbs of compression. I run straight 110 octane that I get at the trace for $9 a gallon. Don't mix av gas with 93. Run av gas straight with oil mixed.

yea with the av I wont mix 93. just with the vp cos its 110. Im at 182 psi now so I think 100 will suffice.

thanks for the inputs

Local airport wouldn't sell me av gas. Was the guy blowing me off or has this happened to anyone else?

If hes going to be an asshole about it, just say you have an ultra lite sitting at home and you take off from your field.

IMO run the 100LL straight, no point in mixing in or any fuel for that matter.

Ive run it straight for years in my sleds and banshee for the last year. :thumbsup:

If hes going to be an asshole about it, just say you have an ultra lite sitting at home and you take off from your field.

IMO run the 100LL straight, no point in mixing in or any fuel for that matter.

Ive run it straight for years in my sleds and banshee for the last year. :thumbsup:

Ya when he asked what I wanted it for I shouldn't have told him for a wheeler. He acted like I was sixteen trying to buy beer.

Ya when he asked what I wanted it for I shouldn't have told him for a wheeler. He acted like I was sixteen trying to buy beer.

Haha thats gay, I guess he thought you were kidding and wanted it for something else?

Run the AV fuel. I have been running it in a 180psi setup for about a year now and have had ZERO trouble. I run it for the same reason you are going to run it - cost. $70 for 5 gallons of c-12 is the going rate here...I go to the airport and get 10 gallons for about $40.

when you guys says run the av gas straight i know you mean dont mix in the 93 but do you also mean not to mix it will oil as well. dumb question probably but i was just wondering.

Yes, still make SURE you still mix oil in it bro!

Don't want your motor to blow up!

:whistling:

I just bought a drum of TurboBlue made by Sunoco for $3.40/gallon. It is similar to VP Red, octane rating of 105 and the flash point is supposed to be higher so that when mixed with oil the flash point is similar to the VP or other sunoco raceing fuels. I have only run a few gallons through so far but it seems to be just as good as the VP fuel I paid $7/gallon for last season. Just FYI.

SP

I just bought a drum of TurboBlue made by Sunoco for $3.40/gallon. It is similar to VP Red, octane rating of 105 and the flash point is supposed to be higher so that when mixed with oil the flash point is similar to the VP or other sunoco raceing fuels. I have only run a few gallons through so far but it seems to be just as good as the VP fuel I paid $7/gallon for last season. Just FYI.

SP

where do you get that? ordered?