yfz a arm swap questions

kmac91

When you do the swap do you use the stock yfz tie rods and the stock banshee spindles?

Yes you can use the stock yfz tie rods with the banshee spindles (04-05 same size ball joints) which is exactly how i ran mine at first but the yfz tie rods only give you about 4-5 threads and i wasn't comfortable with that so i bought a set of the right length noss tie rods. then i really wanted my height back so i upgraded to the yfz spindles as well which gives you about 3 more inches of travel and allows you to run a longer shock and lifts the front a bit. good luck

Yes you can use the stock yfz tie rods with the banshee spindles (04-05 same size ball joints) which is exactly how i ran mine at first but the yfz tie rods only give you about 4-5 threads and i wasn't comfortable with that so i bought a set of the right length noss tie rods. then i really wanted my height back so i upgraded to the yfz spindles as well which gives you about 3 more inches of travel and allows you to run a longer shock and lifts the front a bit. good luck

Im in the same boat! Do I need yfz spindels because I just installed my yfz 450 a arms. Do i need the yfz tie rods with banshee spindels? Im also running the yfz 450r shocks with the piggy backs??? Any help would be great!

Im in the same boat! Do I need yfz spindels because I just installed my yfz 450 a arms. Do i need the yfz tie rods with banshee spindels? Im also running the yfz 450r shocks with the piggy backs??? Any help would be great!

When i first did the swap i used the yfz arms,tierods and shocks with banshee spindles and it worked good but sat almost 2 inches lower than stock and the tierods only had about 4-5 threads holding them to the ball joints so i broke down and bought a set of longer ones. and now have yfz spindles,hubs,rotors,calipers and ltr450 shocks. good luck

You will definately need longer tie rods, I bought a set of +1 from Brugard Cycle...I actually upgraded to the 12mm, they are stronger at the ends...

Burgard Cycle - Tie Rods...CLICK HERE

When i first did the swap i used the yfz arms,tierods and shocks with banshee spindles and it worked good but sat almost 2 inches lower than stock and the tierods only had about 4-5 threads holding them to the ball joints so i broke down and bought a set of longer ones. and now have yfz spindles,hubs,rotors,calipers and ltr450 shocks. good luck

Yea moneys getting a little tight. Im gonna make my own tie rods. Prob keep the banshee spindels until i come across a deal. Thanks for clearing this up for me fellas! :thumbsup:

Yea moneys getting a little tight. Im gonna make my own tie rods. Prob keep the banshee spindels until i come across a deal. Thanks for clearing this up for me fellas! :thumbsup:

keep a look out on flee-bay for the spindles, I got mine for $20 and the hubs w/rotors for $30 :evil:

Also for tie-rods, I just bought speedy's and they are perfect length. I noticed that no one mentioned this but the stock yfz450 tie-rods will be too short when you run the yfz spindles.

The only thing I haven't upgraded yet are the front calipers, but that will come soon. Yes stockers fit on the yfz450 spindles, you just need 1/4" longer mounting bolts.

l_259ae4c52732489fa195ba441916089f.jpg

Last Saturday at Gorman