Hot Rods Crank?

Mike DUB

Does a timing plate eliminate the woodruff key? also does a Hot Rods crank in the box come already trued?(I dont think I see welds on it.) my buddy's banshee, that we r working on, has K&N air filter, Tommey T5s, I think its jetted too(not sure, my understanding is that if it has pipes then it is always jetted) I'm still learning. It might have other mods. Then I think I'm going to get the modded shift star, timing plate, and um I think that's it for now.(other than replacing the crank and top end. Hot Rods and Wiseco. stock bore) I want to port and polish the cylinders but dont have the money now. So with these few mods or keeping in mind maybe down the road I might port and polish, should I get the crank trued and welded? and if so do you know of a good shop to have it done at close to me in so. cal. (Orange, CA 92868)

oh yeah the crank came with one lil rubber o-ring on one side but not on the other side. I called the company I got it from and he said you dont really need those, he said the oil seal kit is what actually makes the seal. he said people have called him in the past and said, "hey my o-rings are gone" after they opened the engine when servicing. He also said some clip thingy goes there. (sorry I tried to word it so u can understand it. let me know if I was confusing.) Is he correct?

Also, When I opened the shipping box I took out the factory box and noticed on the bottom the was a puncture and it looked like an oil ring around the puncture. upon opening the box I noticed that the foam bottom was smashed down (I think by the weight of the crank and mishandling by humans). I picked up the crank and the plastic wrapped around the crank was punctured also, thus leaking some of the oil in with the plastic wrapped crank and allowing some of the foam material to get onto the crank because there was a lil hole all the way through the box/plastic. I dont see a dent in the crank but its hard material and thats besides the point. I emailed them to see what they say. what do you think? I think if this product did get dropped or whatever happened to cause this damage that it will compromise the reliability of this product especially with an important internal part such as the crank. HELP!

Thanks

Mike

I only scanned through this.

timing plate doesn not eliminate woodruff key

hot rods come trued and welded though the weld is just a spot good enough for a mild motor, the weld is on the pinthat holds the rod in the crank.

there is a half c clip that holds the crank in yes

the oil seals do make THE seal.

are the orings in on the middle bearings? if so I dont thing they really matter. the stock bearing have a pin on them so the bearings dont rotate in the case,. I think the oring is for that bc there is no pin.

IDK if you can see anything in this pic.......

rzpics004.jpg

here you can see the c clip, and the weld, and seal

rzpics002.jpg

rzrebuld2004.jpg

seal other side.

rzrebuld2006.jpg

There's no seals on the ends of stuff that are inside the clutch cover. Think about it. It doesnt matter if it slightly leaks because it's going right back in. That confused me when i did mine but it all makes sense once you think about it. I had a buddy of mine explain it to me.

• 1 month later...