How to beat 700r?

This is funny. Last summer at happy hollow in peebles ohio i was on my 87(it belonged to my GF at the time) It was all stock except for some REALLY old bills pipes.

They have a 800ft drag strip that is measured at 300ft--500ft--and 800ft.

There was a guy there on a raptor 700 that was one week old. Everyone always plays around on the dragstrip it is usualy the center of attention. Well he kept waving at me to come over and race him but i kept refusing,and this went on for a while,everytime i was near the strip he would try to wave me over.

Well finally i gave in,and lined up,and to my surprise actualy,i was ahead the whole way,even got him off the line. His front wheels were about 1-2 feet behind my back wheels @ 500ft

Well we pull around and he says,"lets go again,i need to get a better start". Second time he gets me off the line,never pulls ahead and i had passed him by the time we were @300ft.

We pull around again and he says "we need to switch sides,your side has better traction". So we switched and i outran him 2 more times. It was funny. He asked me what year it was,i said 1987.

Point is,A decent running banshee with t5's should be able to take a stock raptor everytime as long as you can launch it good and you have traction.

I wish i would have had a damn video camera that day

let me say one thing.

banshees kill raptors easily.

mods in my sig, i killed a raptor 700 MODDED. (CPU injector, pipes, filter, cam)

well i ddnt kill him, but i beat him by like 3 lengths, and the race was long enough, i was ALL out on sixth for atleast a GOOD 5 secs before i hit finish line.

i had a sick start and everything aswell as he did, equal rider skill ABOUT. and he weighs exactly HALF my weight.

maybe his bike was shit but i highly doubt it. ive beaten a stock yfz aswell easily when my shee was stock.

you will beat him with the mods in your bike if you are same skill in riding and close to the same weight.. guarantee.

oh and all races mentioned are on road, not sand. or rocky/ hard sand.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some advice. If your motor is out of the frame and apart anyways. What you should be looking at is port, stroke, and compression. Mainly port and stroke. All other cheap no so big power adders can be done any time with the machine together with minimal work.

2nd and prob more important, if your cylinders are on 1/10 bore already,... thats about it. So you may want to get some that arent already maxed out to port, even try to find a stock bore that will last you a long time. No sence in paying hundreds more on parts your going to end up tossing, and sleeves arent a cheaper alternative.

If I was me, and you are you ,....you should sell those with the new machining, and buy some jugs with meat and maybe already ported. If your going to put all taller stroke, get the ports matching. Everything else can be done anytime with the motor together in the bike.

Next would be compression and domes to match your setup, then all the other carbs, adjustable timing yadda that is just pull off put on.

let me say one thing.

banshees kill raptors easily.

mods in my sig, i killed a raptor 700 MODDED. (CPU injector, pipes, filter, cam)

well i ddnt kill him, but i beat him by like 3 lengths, and the race was long enough, i was ALL out on sixth for atleast a GOOD 5 secs before i hit finish line.

i had a sick start and everything aswell as he did, equal rider skill ABOUT. and he weighs exactly HALF my weight.

maybe his bike was shit but i highly doubt it. ive beaten a stock yfz aswell easily when my shee was stock.

you will beat him with the mods in your bike if you are same skill in riding and close to the same weight.. guarantee.

oh and all races mentioned are on road, not sand. or rocky/ hard sand.

your friend's 700 must have been a p.o.s.

the 700r that i had, had no problem keeping up with a stock banshee

like yours.

it keeping up with a ported banshee is a different story

your friend's 700 must have been a p.o.s.

the 700r that i had, had no problem keeping up with a stock banshee

like yours.

it keeping up with a ported banshee is a different story

So whos got some ported cylinders and how muched shipped to 48041???

some advice. If your motor is out of the frame and apart anyways. What you should be looking at is port, stroke, and compression.

I agree cept for the stroker set up. That's the route i went and i now have a lockup coming my way. When you push too much hp, the bike craves a lockup and override(in some cases) too. It gets expensive real quick. A portjob will do the job. I had my stuff ported with t5's and it ran very strong. Only time i didnt do too great was when i had traction issues off the line till the end of 3th. That's a setup and rider issue. I wasnt and still am not the best of riders.

Instead of trying to find some ported jugs, it might be in your best interesting to talk to a builder and see what the ideal set up for you would be. You would be getting the most out of your money. There's numerous builders out there. Talk to one on the PHONE and decide what's best for you. Hell, i got a sick port job for $300. It rips. The guys here that are ported can testify that you wont regret it. Porting done right will still keep it reliable. That's a fact.

my raptor 660 thats got 52 hp to the wheels vs my banshee was well even most of the time. My brothers got a 700r putting out 60hp to the wheels and it smoked my banshee. But all my banshee had was pods, fmf fattys and noss cool head 20cc domes. So all in all...Im going to say porting will be the biggest key in killing a moded raptor.

my raptor 660 thats got 52 hp to the wheels vs my banshee was well even most of the time. My brothers got a 700r putting out 60hp to the wheels and it smoked my banshee. But all my banshee had was pods, fmf fattys and noss cool head 20cc domes. So all in all...Im going to say porting will be the biggest key in killing a moded raptor.

So what kind of port should i get? Trail port? Just a smoothie? Dont really want to buy another set of jugs. I just had the ones I have powder coated and they are a fresh bore. I know if I have them ported and burn it down theres no sleeve to bore again. The wesico book my buddy has says you can bore .200 over yeat thats not twenty thou thats two hundred thou. My jugs are at .100 (100) over right now so dont i have a couple bores left? Here is a couple pics!

post-32185-1240273517_thumb.jpg

I got a quote to have sleeves put in my ported cyls for $800 from TDR.

Another option that may be benifit you if you do go the sleeve route, put big bore sleeves in.

is that $800.00 consisting of a new port job? If not i would never pay $800.00 to have my juggs re-sleave!!!

is that $800.00 consisting of a new port job? If not i would never pay $800.00 to have my juggs re-sleave!!!

i have big bore 68mm dune ported cylinders for sale if interested pm me

they r ported for a 4 mil as well so not sure if thats wat ur looking for

I got a quote to have sleeves put in my ported cyls for $800 from TDR.

Another option that may be benifit you if you do go the sleeve route, put big bore sleeves in.

I had dan at patriot racing resleeve a pair of cylinders that he originally ported. My total bill was $700

But that included everything.

Big Bore Sleeves, Labor, Bore and hone, 66mm Blaster Pistons, Wrist pin bearings, Custom Cut Race fuel big bore stroker domes, O ring kit, and gaskets.

For just the price of the sleeves, and the labor wasnt to bad.

I had dan at patriot racing resleeve a pair of cylinders that he originally ported. My total bill was $700

But that included everything.

Big Bore Sleeves, Labor, Bore and hone, 66mm Blaster Pistons, Wrist pin bearings, Custom Cut Race fuel big bore stroker domes, O ring kit, and gaskets.

For just the price of the sleeves, and the labor wasnt to bad.

Yea thats more reasonable. But unfortunately i think im gonna skip the port job for now. I dont mind tearing the top end back off at the end of the season.

Dont port .100 over cylinders. A lot of people wont even bore their bikes to .100 over.Things are just getting to thin at that point IMO.

You can buy a set of low bore cylinders for under 200 bucks if you look around.

If you want,i know a couple guys who do AWESOME port work for banshees in the 300-350 dollar price range wich is cheap.