Thinking about selling the banshee

First off, I love everything about my banshee. To be honest I wanted a yfz 450 before I bought the banshee but didn't want to wait to save up the cash. Now that I have the banshee it's going to be hard to get rid of it.

I want something that is versatile. Something that I could mx, trail, and hill climb. I honestly never drag race and I don't compete in hill climbs. I do have some monster hills where I'm at but nothing for competition. In the future (next year or two) I wouldn't mind getting into GNCC and I'd like to get to MX tracks more often. I know if I sell the banshee there is going to be some things I'm going to regret.

If I sold it I would use the money to put down on a yfz.

I'm not selling it yet I'm just thinking about my options. I don't know if I want to keep the shee and get a 450 on top of it (because I don't want 450 payments).

I just wanted some other opinions from those of you who have both (or had both).

Edited by pinned247

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have ridden both on trails, and i would take a banshee with pipes, shocks and a +4 axle over a 450 any day. banshee is like a mustang, its not new techmology, but with aftermarket parts, it can murk anything anywhere. just has to be set up right. plus its much easier to work on. hooking up a 450 is way more expensive. plus banshees look better :biggrin:

Edited by official_style

If you want to do mx.

Then jsut upgrade the following things on your bike. The banshee was supposed to be used for mx anyways.

pipes, you want some low end pipes like pro circuits, fmf gnarlys, paul turner mids, etc.

engine- you want good low end so you should get a mx port for your cylinders, a adjustable timing plate with +4 timing and thats pretty much it for motor.

wheels- you want to get 20 or 19" front and 18 or 19" rear mx tires. some examples are holeshot mxr4, mxr6 razrmx's etc. and you could get them on just .160 rims or .190 for extra strength.

suspension- you want some aftermarket a-arms and shocks.

also you should get a shorter swingarm for a smaller turning radius like a -1 or a -2. then you could revalve your rear shock and get it done from companys like pro pilot, tcs, works etc. or you can just get a brand new rear shock for almost $1000! hope this helped.

I have both aswell, If i where to sell one of them it would be the YFZ

Dont get me wrong, the yfz is def a fun bike to ride, good torque/power handles great etc but for me the banshee is where its at.

You have to think about which bike is going to suite you better, and then go from there.

If you are looking to get into mx and gncc, I think you are in the right direction looking for a YFZ, but if you can swing it and keep both, I say do it, dont sell the banshee.

i ride some pretty tight trails to wide open shit and i love my banshee...

im not trying to start a war but alot of people on this site make it seem impossible to ride a banshee in the woods..

up here there is no such thing as dunes... the closest thing we have would be maybe the parking area where we ride... 450 is a fun bike with plenty of power... but i find my brothers boring.... i enjoy how you need to know how to work the clutch and down shift on the banshee.... banshee isent for everyone...

maybe its cause im younger and like working more with poping the clutch and feathering it....

both bikes are good bikes.... i just enjoy "working" on the banshee better then riding the 450...

again my banshee does not have alot of mods..

pipes air filter a arms and rear axle..

i do have other mods... but those were the big difference makers..

keep the banshee and save up and get the yfz. banshees are gonna be hard to find someday. i would get the yfz and if you really like it then sell the shee. if you end up not liking it you can sell it and you still got your banshee..

keep the banshee and save up and get the yfz. banshees are gonna be hard to find someday. i would get the yfz and if you really like it then sell the shee. if you end up not liking it you can sell it and you still got your banshee..

i think we have a long time till that happens... they have made millions of banshee over the past 20 years....

look at the zilla... hasent been make in almost 20 years but you can still buy every OEM pars from suzuki

Hey guys, thanks for all your opinions! Thats what I was looking for. I really don't want to get rid of my banshee, I just know I want to get a yfz. I think I'll suck it up and wait a lil longer so I could have both.....which would be awesome. I want too many toys and thats my biggest problem!

I have both aswell, If i where to sell one of them it would be the YFZ

Dont get me wrong, the yfz is def a fun bike to ride, good torque/power handles great etc but for me the banshee is where its at.

You have to think about which bike is going to suite you better, and then go from there.

If you are looking to get into mx and gncc, I think you are in the right direction looking for a YFZ, but if you can swing it and keep both, I say do it, dont sell the banshee.

Man I agree with this soooo much.

damn it wrong quote