2 into 1 Exhaust

BansheeRider87

I've been reading these 2into1 posts to get info on my Dynoports for better jetting ideas. So far I absolutely love the pipes. It all depends on how you are riding. For normal trail riding and hill climbing I think they are much better than dual pipes. I have yet to find anyone that can release their clutch with no throttle input and just let the idle (normal speed idle) pull the quad forward without stalling. It sputters a bit but doesn't stall. Can't do that with duals. Also the motor runs smoother. Just rode the Marienville bike trail in PA this past Sunday for the first time with Dynoports on. Worked it up the rock hill without 1 stall, and lugged it over the rough stuff in 3rd up and down the hills without having to keep shifting. Before this I was always shifting to keep in on the band (stock pipes of course). Plus you cant beat the used price of them.

i think you are mistaken when u say a dual piped banshee "cant" idle and roll along... u put low enough gearing on anything and it will idle along... and how can you compare those pipes to stock ones??? any aftermarket pipe is gonna be better than stock or they would never be put on the market

i think you are mistaken when u say a dual piped banshee "cant" idle and roll along... u put low enough gearing on anything and it will idle along... and how can you compare those pipes to stock ones??? any aftermarket pipe is gonna be better than stock or they would never be put on the market

I was building a shee for my wife has fmf pipes but was thinking of putting 2 into 1 pipe on it and with a 2 into 1 carb kit. i know they sound good but does anyone have anything good to say about them but they sound good

I was building a shee for my wife has fmf pipes but was thinking of putting 2 into 1 pipe on it and with a 2 into 1 carb kit. i know they sound good but does anyone have anything good to say about them but they sound good

No, if you want a low mid pipe then get the pro circuits, pt mids, or fmf gnarley.

Where is the science? The whole purpose of an expansion chamber is to tune the pressure waves going out of the cylinder. That is why there are high, mid, and low range pipes. They are tuned for different RPM ranges. A "2 into 1" pipe would have two sets of waves conflicting with each other. They have no real "hit", but a nice even pull through the RPM's.

Also, in my opinion, they are the best sounding pipe out there. When you here one in the woods it sounds like an indy car rippin' up the hills.

It is pretty obvious to me after studying up on two stroke exhaust systems that the single chamber seems to be exactly why the pipe does not work well. Two stroke exhaust pulses exit the cylinder, and then thay are drawn back in slightly. If you have a pressure wave exiting the opposite side, its going to corrupt the pulse from the other cylinder.

I've been reading these 2into1 posts to get info on my Dynoports for better jetting ideas. So far I absolutely love the pipes. It all depends on how you are riding. For normal trail riding and hill climbing I think they are much better than dual pipes. I have yet to find anyone that can release their clutch with no throttle input and just let the idle (normal speed idle) pull the quad forward without stalling. It sputters a bit but doesn't stall. Can't do that with duals. Also the motor runs smoother. Just rode the Marienville bike trail in PA this past Sunday for the first time with Dynoports on. Worked it up the rock hill without 1 stall, and lugged it over the rough stuff in 3rd up and down the hills without having to keep shifting. Before this I was always shifting to keep in on the band (stock pipes of course). Plus you cant beat the used price of them.

hey that no one can let the clutch out at idle statement is a load of shit lol. i have T-5s and one time my banshee was idling and i step over the seat from the clutch side and step on my shifter and it clicked into first with abosolutely no clutch and jerked and idled away while i fell off the back and busted my ass. i had to get up and chase that bitch down. guess i shoulda been holding on or not stepped on that shifter.

hey that no one can let the clutch out at idle statement is a load of shit lol. i have T-5s and one time my banshee was idling and i step over the seat from the clutch side and step on my shifter and it clicked into first with abosolutely no clutch and jerked and idled away while i fell off the back and busted my ass. i had to get up and chase that bitch down. guess i shoulda been holding on or not stepped on that shifter.

The 2 into 1 pipe is a bunch of smoke and mirrors (bullshit). You guys that are using them dont know what your missing out on with a good set of low-mid dual pipes.

The 2 into 1 pipe is a bunch of smoke and mirrors (bullshit). You guys that are using them dont know what your missing out on with a good set of low-mid dual pipes.

I have run them extensively Even back to back against duals.

My results are different than yours, but I havent had a chance to try alot of dual systems.

I always have don testing on ported engines with stock carbs.

One thing I will agree with on the 2-1 pipes is they just make noise up top.

Dynports dont perform as well as the Moto Fast system, So I will leave it at that.

But you really need a shirt that says I HATE 2-1 Pipes...

LOL

thats funny " i hate 2 into 1 pipes" lol yeah i have never rode a bike with them but i have heard them and they sound sweet. just as far as performance im gonna have to take snops word over most others. i like my T-5s just fine right now.

I used to have a motofast pipe also.

• 3 weeks later...

yeah as some one said b4 its not really the pipes, its the engine timing the crank is 98deg so there is an overlap in pulse so it cant really ever be as good as a twin, the trick to do would be to try it with a 90deg crank...which you can buy they are a beautifully balanced thing, then you would see performance the same as the twin set ups

http://www.twostrokeshop.com/RZRD350_Banshee_TSS_Crankshafts.htm#9058SKF