Coolheads

Hello, I live in the lower louisiana and I am new to the whole banshee modification stage. I currently have toomies t5s and k&n air filter. I am looking to get more power of my bike and have a few simple questions.

I am currently considering:

Coolheads

Reeds

Timing Plate

Chain and Sprocket

I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction.

Hello, I live in the lower louisiana and I am new to the whole banshee modification stage. I currently have toomies t5s and k&n air filter. I am looking to get more power of my bike and have a few simple questions.

I am currently considering:

Coolheads

Reeds

Timing Plate

Chain and Sprocket

I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction.

nossmachine.com for your 'coolhead' needs.... they'll set you up right, you have a choice of cool colors and don't have to change your head studs out like you do with others.

timing plate is good, get one off of ebay if you'd like, go +4 to +6 on that.

reeds, depends, you don't have porting so you can probably save the cash and get some Boyesens. If you plan on porting down the road or something, you can go ahead and get the VForce if your budget allows.

Chariot performance also has a very nice coolhead out there as well..

Its a 1 piece head (most others noss,and pro design use a 2 piece design)so it doesnt have the potential to have compression leaks.

And Chariot also uses the same domes as noss and pro design.

Available in different colors as well,and I think there a lil less money the the other 2 .

Dan

Cool head/timing plate for sure,compression and timing go along way on a stock motor and fun to ride with those pipes v-force3s great idea if you got the money.the bike is fun at the point your at,go to a site sponsor youll get all three cheaper than seperatally

what power range are you trying to improve? timing will give you more starting low, and the cool head can bump you up all over, but reed selection really depends. boysen pedals come in different ranges, and for about 50 bucks, give or take, you can pick either some stiffer pedals that flow best on top end, like dual stage carbon fiber, or some softer dual stage pedals that perform better on the low-mid. if you port, then you can step up to the vf3's for top end, or chariot's for more range selection. Once you get your mods tuned in, then decide what, if any, sprocket changes you may want. I believe that noss also offers a discount for bhq members :thumbsup:

what power range are you trying to improve? timing will give you more starting low, and the cool head can bump you up all over, but reed selection really depends. boysen pedals come in different ranges, and for about 50 bucks, give or take, you can pick either some stiffer pedals that flow best on top end, like dual stage carbon fiber, or some softer dual stage pedals that perform better on the low-mid. if you port, then you can step up to the vf3's for top end, or chariot's for more range selection. Once you get your mods tuned in, then decide what, if any, sprocket changes you may want. I believe that noss also offers a discount for bhq members :thumbsup:

Well, I don't exactly have a power range as I just want a bike that gets up without overheating. Sometimes I trail ride, sometimes I may dune, others I may be on flat land. I want a bike that, lined up bike vs bike won't lose to to much, but also a bike that I can ride in the woods.

I plan to get the cool heads no matter what, I looked into Noss and they are looking good, I will def make a call before I order to check for what cc domes to make sure I am correct. I am also wanting the timing because everyone seems to be saying the +4 is a good benefit. After those two improvements I don't know what else I can start to get into that will give me power, but not scarfice my everyday rideability. I don't want a full drag bike, but I hate losing you know?

Lets say,

T5

Intake System

Cool Heads

Timing

What am I looking at over stock? Theoritically, stock banshee, pulls up next to a banshee with said gear, how many lengths are we looking at over stock with the exact same driver?

Where could I get it ported at? I live in Metairie, Louisiana btw.

there are a few good ones on the ole hq.

FAST racing

HJR

passion

wildcard racing

dont base a builder on location. i mentioned getting my banshee ported to a local guy once and he said he was the best in the nation. i was like yeah sure but he insisted he was the best. then he asked what kinda cam i was running :shoothead:

Its a 1 piece head (most others noss,and pro design use a 2 piece design)so it doesnt have the potential to have compression leaks.

And Chariot also uses the same domes as noss and pro design.

How do the others (noss, and pro design) have potential for compression leaks? They all use the same pro design dome and the same set of O rings.

I like the 2 pice pro design head that I am running. You can put an o ring on a dome then set it on top of the cylinder. The weight of the dome keeps the o ring seated. Then you can slide the empty shell on over the studs and domes. Then followed up by the top cover plate. Sure beats trying to keep all the orings in place and put the whole ball of wax on at one time.

josh