Check It Out Fella's

TJScott

I thought I would just let you all know the whole story. I used to have an Rm125. 100_3898.jpg

One morning, I noticed an ad for a fixer-upper banshee for sale. It had a shattered piston, but the rolling chassis was solid. I talked to the guy for a week, then one weekend, I headed a few hundred miles across the state, traded the guy my bike for his banshee and $150 (nice guy overpaid $30). I arrived home with it and loved it! 100_3941.jpg

The engine he had given me was one he got off of his friend, like i said it was blown, but it was in terrible condition!

100_3951.jpg

The piston had seen it's better days so I bit the bullet and decided to buy a manual and split the cases!

100_3958.jpg

100_3963.jpg

IMG_1268.jpg

IMG_1271.jpg

Dave 5.0 Got me a good deal on some cylinders and a crank.

Now here I am, Its all back together, ready to mount. Now all I need are some carbs, air filters, and pipes.

100_4116.jpg

100_4124.jpg

100_4129.jpg

depending on your cash... if you were on a low budget, just get the stock pipes, stock carbs (no matter what budget), but K&N filter, up to you to decide if you want pods or the 2in1.

the pipes are like $5-10 used on ebay.. the stockers... stock carbs you can get for.. uhm about $50-100, and the pods.. with outerwears etc would be $80.

so with under $200, your good to go!

I would not insult this bike or motor by putting stock pipes on it. Stock carbs, fine...but stock pipes?

YOu can find good used pipes, chrome or black...not in perfect cosmetic condition for 100 to 250 bucks all day long.

At least pipe it....:)

Very clean, nice setup

It looks like whomever welded that crank did a pretty nice weld job, not just some bird shit weld on top...nice.

Thanks everybody! Ya, im going with a set of t5's and stock carbs. I will go with the k&n's though. The main reason I want toomey pipes is because my brother needs to be put in his place with all of his two-stroke bashing. :evil:

whilst waiting, send the cylinders out to be ported. seal the deal. whoop your brothers ass .