Can this case be repaired?

Could but wouldnt try it unless you know some one thats really really good at tigg welding

So what part of the case am I needing how many pieces does the case come in?

Does seem like a possibly goo deal it is about 50 miles from my house?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Case-Half-S...sQ5fAccessories

Edited by oregoncalfroper

How many pieces make the case? does that auction look like what I need?

They come in two pieces a top and a bottom. From the location of the crack it looks like it would have got the bottom of the sleeve. But by the time you buy cases, cylinders and a crank your going to be up around what you could pick up another drop in motor. If it was mine i would JB weld the hole and sand it out, your sleeve slides over that part anyways.

i think it can be fixed. a good tig welder can close up the crack and then sand it out.

well I have another crank already that came with it trued and welded and the cylinders are not the ones that were on it when it looks like the crank broke the guy just set them on there so I have to split the case anyway to put in new crank and all so I guess I should just split them and get someone to tig it and sand it down...

well I have another crank already that came with it trued and welded and the cylinders are not the ones that were on it when it looks like the crank broke the guy just set them on there so I have to split the case anyway to put in new crank and all so I guess I should just split them and get someone to tig it and sand it down...

Be careful that it does warp the flat side case where the two peices bond together, and have an air leak. Speaking from experience I had my cases welded and after a few rides i was leaking air. Had to split the cases again and covered the weld with jb weld to seal it. Its a bitch chasing a air leak. Lay the Yama-bond heavy where you getting them welded.

if you jb weld the bottom end of an air tight case and it lets loose then it gets ground up and spit out the pipe, no harm no foul.

i got to look at ocr's cases tonight and the hole is big enough you can push a pencil through to daylight, if you jb weld that and it lets loose instant boom.

i dont think i'd be willing to take that chance. they could be tigged and leak checked to get them runable but for now he has much bigger issues....