air box lid

R/C Hippie

Just make sure you aren't going through a lot of water. When I used to run stock airbox with no lid...you'd be surprised how much water made it in there :ermm:

When you buy the proflow adapter for a K&N filter, as mentioned above, they actually reccomend to take the lid off the airbox as well as cut holes in the side of it for better breathing. My wife and I primarily ride in sand only and on our last trip to glamis, you wouldn't believe the amount of sand that got trapped in the airbox with an open lid...So I modified her box...LOL...and cut the entire thing away making it very similar to the pod filters that K&N has, just without the expense!

IMG_1730.jpg

A aftermarket fiter is a really good idea. You can also buy a Outerwear that covers the box. They are water resistant. Not water proof but they will keep alot of crap out of the box. Still get the filter. I have a Pro flow with outerwear, then the one for the box. I ride in crap all the time and it works great. the one for the box is velcroed on so you can clean it after a ride. The mud will not go through it. Some water may but not nearly as much as with no lid and I doesnt affect your air flow.