Need to move on but to what?

Hey all, I need some help. I've had my Banshee for over 4 years now and have added a few things over time. I've been very happy with the performance of it and it's never let me down. Given that it get's used every other week for about 9 months of the year (because it's so damn hot and dusty here in summer) and is ridden on a mixture of trails and dunes the engine hasn't been pulled down at all. Last compression test about 2 months ago showed 125 PSI both cylinders but lately it feels as though powerband comes on a little later than it used to. I feel it needs a top end job on it. Don't get me wrong it still screams but it doesn't feel at home on the trails anymore. I'm thinking about moving with the times to a 4-stroke. I'm thinking that that Raptor 700 would be best suited for trails and dunes but I've been hanging for the injected 450R for a couple of years. I still love the Banshee and if I could have both I would. I just want something I can ride hard all day and not feel like it's been raped. I also want the 4 stroke range for some long trail exploration.

So should I:

a) Raptor 700

B) YFZ450R

c) Put more $$ into the Shee.

Cheers...

Edited by SpecialEd 05

you can rebuild the banshee and add some other mods to make it a lot better for under a grand. Also if you want to go further add a bigger gas tank. All of the new 4strokes are nice, id recommend riding them for awhile before you bought one. And the new yfz450r sits wider than your banshee, so you might take that in consideration if you ride tight trails.

If you do switch to a 4-stroke and leave the shee behind, I would be careful about getting the new YFZR. Its just like the Quadracer. I have ridden one. They rev to the sky, but that is where all their power is. Nothing down low. They have really really low ground clearance and are wide as hell. They are fast, have amazing suspension and the throttle response is incredible, but they are going to be a track only quad pretty much. The Raptor is gonna be way better on the trails. Or get the old style YFZ, they do still make it.

Rebuild it dude...it's not that expensive. And if you love your Banshee as much as I love mine, you are going to miss the hell out of it!!!!!!

But if you aren't happy with it's trail performance, then I guess you should move on...

4 years is a long time, I've only been around for about 7 months lol.

But I vote for C.

A top end re-build is really cheap even cheaper if you do the work yourself,

I had a modded out YFZ an got it brand new an modded it out, I almost did buy a banshee, then when my friend got one I wanted one again, sold my YFZ to get the shee, basically what im sayin is your gonna miss the banshee,

just all around riding I would get a YFZ,

if it were me I would just rebuild the banshee an save up $$$ an get another quad, (truly have the best of both)

as far as the YFZ-450R I would wait til next year because they prolly havnt worked out all of the lil bugs yet

Just my opinion.

Cheers for the replies guys, it'll be a while off yet before it happens if I change. Being a mechanic I got no problems with rebuilding the top end so that isn't an issue. It's just the suitability for the type of riding we do. Just scoped out a new riding spot yesterday in the forest. A lot of loose gravel, creek crossings, long distance trails and open tracks.

This is our old camping site:

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=gDcR7XPwkf8

Edited by SpecialEd 05