PJ or PWK?

bansheesa

Yea he charged me for a trail port. No mention of re-sleeve though. Took my quad for a drive today and have fair low down torque but the band only hits at about 5000-5500 rpm with what I have done to it (std Barrels). Saw on RDZ website that the cub make plain power to about 5500 rpm. Bogs down to 6000rpm and then wakes up. Would adding 33mm carbs smoothen out the bog, maybe pickup the hp a little on the bottom? If it is not possible to change those characteristics low down (Working against science), then I can just as well go for the 35mm carbs. Changing the reeds to boysen dual stage is a must.

Thanks for all your help guys

Hi Guys

Would just like to know if the 34PJ or 35PWK will be better for the following setup: 65mm Moderate/aggressive trail port Cheetah cub STD stroke (RDZ Racing), v-force 3 reeds, +4 timing, STD airbox with no lid and Pro Design dual stage filter (this will be with aftermarket adaptor boots to fit 33-35mm carbs to the box). Pro design head with 21-22cc domes (depending), 32:1 belray on pump gas. Temp here ranges from 70-90 F. Used mostly for trail raiding. O and at sea level.

Also if you guys can tell me the jetting needed for these carbs.

Thanks guys for all your help.

Howzit bansheesa,

Not anywhere close to Durban perhaps?

If I read your post correctly then you haven't fitted either the 33's or the 35's, does that mean you're on stock carbs right now? If so what main jet and needle/position?

IMO you should be able to jet the stock carbs to run cleanly throughout the rev range, shouldn't be bogging, should be snappy with small carbs.

For interest sake, how much was the shipping and duties?

Hi JJ. Yes, I live in Amanzimtoti. The cub is still on its way. Paid $175 for shipping. Because I am importing on my own and not through a company, importing less than R20000 a year, there is no duty. There is however 14% vat. Whole import with cubs, pistons, porting and gaskets will cost just under R16000 inclusive of VAT.

Hi Snop. Thanks for the help. So seeing that I have FMF gold series with pc 2 silencers, it would be wise to go for 33mm carbs. 21cc domes (just to stay on pump gas). I already have timing at +4. Dual stage reeds. Does that sound about right.

Thanks for all the input guys. Really appreciate it.

ok.. this is a perfect thread for me to chime in on.. i have a 392 cub motor on my play.trail bike... yes its fun, especially with a +2 swinger. i have 33mm pwks, cpi inframes, 20cc domes , pump gas, +6 timing. vforce 2's. lockout, and dunable overide.. power down low is not stump pulling impressive, but up top is insane.. with the timing and 33 carbs it is fairly snappy, not near as snappy as stock jugs though.. with my riding style it is ok for me..i always keep my bike on the pipe as much as possible anyway.. when u hit a big field or open space you can really get down... so far so good.. yea, it could use a little low end, but with the arm ripping topend i can comprimise.. its hard to get the best of both worlds with a 2 stroke.. give a little and gain a lot.. have fun with it.

Hi 2SS how u. Do you know of anybody that does porting on jugs in SA that can match, lets say, Herr Jugs Racing porting? That is why all the known banshee builders said to get jugs from the states.

Anyway, not here to diss anybody. Just going where the proof is.

Haven't heard from you in a while.

Who in your opinion if I may ask is the Banshee Builders in SA? Not trying to sound funny, there is a few guys on here from SA...? Because the guys telling you to get a cub for trails are insane... Its a flat open road/drag cylinder... You can do trails with it, but with the light switch 70+ stock stroke cub on trials, whats the fun?

If you want absolutely a cub for to do trail ... Run 2 X 33mm PWK with 2 pods filters with outerwear or 28..but 28mm are probably a little small for a cub. Run low end pipe like pro circuit or PT mild. Run 22 or 21 cc dome, depend on your elevation to take compression low...to run pump gas...

bansheeqc

Thanks for all the help guys. I have orderd 33mm PWK carbs. I will use this motor for a very powerfull all round motor. Will be building a proper trail motor a bit later.

Please if you guys can help with jetting. Will have the following: FMF gold + pc2, Single KandN in box with outerware and addaptor boots, +4 timing, temp 20 - 35 C, 32:1 Belray, STD stroke cub, 33mm PWK carbs.

Thanks again.