painted my plastics what you think?

Guest utleybanshee

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My process is my own thing some say I overkill it. my bikes got the same paint job its had for 5 yrs. rolled it crashed ect. Sand plastic w `180 shoot with bulldog flex prime, resand w 220 and prime again with bulldog in the paint. follw up with finish and bulldog in the color and clear....... Howd you do it??

My process is my own thing some say I overkill it. my bikes got the same paint job its had for 5 yrs. rolled it crashed ect. Sand plastic w `180 shoot with bulldog flex prime, resand w 220 and prime again with bulldog in the paint. follw up with finish and bulldog in the color and clear....... Howd you do it??

i second that

• 2 weeks later...

I start by washing the plastic with a good degreaser and power washer. Then I wash by hand with HOT soapy water. After that I wet sand the plastics by hand with 400 grit then finished with 600 grit sandpaper. After sanding I wash the plastic again with HOT soapy water. Then I clean everything with a Dupont wax and grease remover. After making sure everything is clean, I use a couple of products from Dupont that is made for painting plastics. The first I is a precleaner that is wiped on and then wiped off. The next product is Plas-stik that is sprayed on. Then after all that I use basecoat paint with a clearcoat. I have never had any problems with the paint. The paint job on my Banshee pictured below took around 5 hours from idea to spraying the clear.

123050.jpg

123048.jpg

Are called conical two down here in bloody Germany, some kinda ellipsoid lights...u probably wont be able to find them up there in the states mate ?!?

55 Watt each, sukin up her stamina :)))

hey you have any more pics of your bike?? that thing looks sick as fuck all W-I-D-E and setup like that. can you ride on the streets in germany?

utley the red looks hot, but i think your eyeballs are upside down

• 2 weeks later...
i second that

i TRIPLE THAT....bulldog adhesion promote the plastic plus add a cap full in the primer, base, and clear. stuff works awsome...always prep as well, never relay on adhesion promoter alone. scuff degrease etc....if spraying in your garage make sure to mask walls w/ plastic, use lots of light...dont use heat style lamps only florescent so you don't run the chance of blowing yourself up just a precaution...and wet the floor down real good even the driveway... helps keep the dust down.