painted my plastics what you think?

Guest utleybanshee

I start by washing the plastic with a good degreaser and power washer. Then I wash by hand with HOT soapy water. After that I wet sand the plastics by hand with 400 grit then finished with 600 grit sandpaper. After sanding I wash the plastic again with HOT soapy water. Then I clean everything with a Dupont wax and grease remover. After making sure everything is clean, I use a couple of products from Dupont that is made for painting plastics. The first I is a precleaner that is wiped on and then wiped off. The next product is Plas-stik that is sprayed on. Then after all that I use basecoat paint with a clearcoat. I have never had any problems with the paint. The paint job on my Banshee pictured below took around 5 hours from idea to spraying the clear.

123050.jpg

123048.jpg

Just curious! how much did you end up paying for all your supplies?

Edited by phxrider

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey fucktards. Please stop replying by quoting all his pictures every time you wanna say something. People have been bitchin up a storm about people re-posting pictures in a quote they make and this thread is a perfect example. Cbarown, your the second post in this thread, you don't have to repost all 5 pictures Utleybanshee posted just to say you like it and want to know what color it is. Dirtdragguy, same goes for you bro, no need to be quoting all 5 pictures to say what you had to say. Then dizzzzle01 has to go and copy and paste the same 5 pictures again with a crazy ass comment to boot. Come dudes. There's certainly times where re-posting a picture in a quote is necessary, but when your qoute 5 pictures, 3 separate time and have nothing meaningful to say about that quote, your doing nothing but pissin people off. I know its petty, but this little problem is all over this place and its turning into a bigger problem. So yea, I ask ya's if your going to quote people and they have a shitload of pictures in the quote, please use some common sense and remove the pictures from the quote. For more about this subject, there is a thread in the Roostin' Room, please read http://www.bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=109437

sorry for ranting and hijackin the thread a little.

That paint color on Utley's Banshee is really really nice, its like someone else mentioned that it looks like a dark cherry color. I like it. And I say keep the headlight covers, but like SickShee said, turn them right side up !

^^^^Dude you shouldn't bottle it all up like that :biggrin: For real though I really hope this takes care of the problem. As for the originall post I have seen that color before on an old camaro (stock 69 maybe?) Looks nice.

^^^^ thats's priceless ^^^^ LOL!

I do like the color of those plastics....I'm thinking a gloss black PC job on the frame would look awesome, just my opinion..