Oh shit moments

maybe it would happen to be the time that im scootin across the whoops and i hit the river bed. no big deal. turn right and follow it. continue scootin across the whoops in 5th.. and then BAM! OH SHIT! front right tire caught a boulder *couldnt see it do to tinted goggle glare* about this time in staring at my blingstar cross bumper.. and it ended up ruining a douglass blue label.. a upper AND lower a arm.. and a shock..

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TTT haha

remembered another one. i forgot the front motor mount bolts and wondered why the motor moved and vibrated.... couldn't figure it out for about two hours.

:yelrotflmao: you have some good ones. It's great to hear all these because when it's just you and your buddies you feel so dumb then you hear all these and your like wow every one is just like me haha

:yelrotflmao: you have some good ones. It's great to hear all these because when it's just you and your buddies you feel so dumb then you hear all these and your like wow every one is just like me haha

yeap none of us are mechanically inclined enough to do this shit. haha i can only imagine the stories builders are too embarrassed to tell us.

not repair related but... on a flat track comming outa turn 2, os my front tire is awfully colse to the wall (OOOO SSSS that means my back one is even c...........................) 3 days in the hospital later :banghead: :banghead:

Dang, I guess you definantly felt that one the next day haha

going down a hill that was rutted up pretty bad and my front tire got stuck and it was like a slow motion ohh shit! it landed first with the grab bar on the calf (thank jesus for riding boots) and then the bars on the chest ahah bent my grab bar frame axle plus had to ride it hme with a broken rib

friend claimed that it was the funniest moment of his life ahahah dick

going down a hill that was rutted up pretty bad and my front tire got stuck and it was like a slow motion ohh shit! it landed first with the grab bar on the calf (thank jesus for riding boots) and then the bars on the chest ahah bent my grab bar frame axle plus had to ride it hme with a broken rib

friend claimed that it was the funniest moment of his life ahahah dick

slow motion, i don't remember mine, just remember saying oh shi...& waking up w/ everybody standing over me LOL

i got 1 thats work releated.. i work for cablevision.. its a cable tv provider here in the tri-state area

go to do a disconnect at the pole.. climb up the pole but all the lines are not tagged properly

so i climb back down 2 get more info

climb back up, start hearing crackin, i get to the stop strap in with my saftey belt and SNAP.. pole snapped with me attached to it more like HOLY FUCK IM GOIN TO DIE.. 18 20ft in the air riding the pole and ladder down.. i actually didnt get 2 hurt a tree kinda broke the fall.. fuckd the wrist a lil bit but o well!

great story to tell every1

Put a fresh top end in over the winter. Drive 3 1/2 hours to silver lake it rains the whole way there but clears up while we are in parking lot waitin for the dunes to open. Get the bikes running only on the dunes for maybe 2 hours that when i said oh shit come around the corner and there is a puddle that is a foot deep and twenty feet across and i cant stop. Dont forget that i have pods on my carbs! Sucked water in the case and ceased the engine. The left crank rod was twisted 45 degrees inside the cylinder and it washed the plugs and pistons clean. I have the crank still it a reminder to watch out for puddles with pods.

I got a couple more....one from yesterday....

The other day i was chaning the oil in my truck and had to use an empty 5 qt oil contair to drain the oil into from tmy truck..I got everything emptied out and filter changed and got a phone call. I asked the wife to take the containerby the truck and put the oil in the motor so we could go do our running aroundn we had to do...she came back in a couple minutes later and said that the oil looked awfully dark for being new oil...I walked out and noticed that the new 5qt contair still sitting where had placed it...both contaiers were by the truck and the container with the old oil was the one closer to teh truck.. i hadn't specified which container was the new oil....thank god she didn't start the motor...I just draied it all back out and put the new stuff in...

Riding oh shit.......Was at sand mountain, Nv and the weather had changed from hot to cold during the week. I had to rejet for the weather change and was doing test runs to see which jets i needed to run for the day....On the final test run Ijust took off down the same path I had taken the previous 2 times and knew that i had got the right size jets in. I shifted into 3rd and had it pinned about to go into 4th when i figured it was time to turn around and get the other people that were with me....Just as I made that decision i woke up on my side in the sand...Whe i realized I must have crashed my 2 buddies were already there next to me. The said that I had hit a 3ft dune, flew in the air about 10 feet(me and the banshee). from where i left the ground to where i landed was an estimated 60 feet...the steering stem loop was bent, by front bumper trashed, and handlebars bent slightly...I broke my visor on my Carey Hart limited edition Fox Helmet, broke my collar bone, 3 right ribs and collapsed my right lung...This was on my 421 cheetah powervalve banshee....I guestimate that i was doing roughly 60-70mph when I hit the dune...i don't remember a damn thing but they all saw me leave the ground, banshee did 3 flips and i did some funky stuff...they said by the looks of my body i was unconsciuous when i was in the air.

I got a couple more....one from yesterday....

The other day i was chaning the oil in my truck and had to use an empty 5 qt oil contair to drain the oil into from tmy truck..I got everything emptied out and filter changed and got a phone call. I asked the wife to take the containerby the truck and put the oil in the motor so we could go do our running aroundn we had to do...she came back in a couple minutes later and said that the oil looked awfully dark for being new oil...I walked out and noticed that the new 5qt contair still sitting where had placed it...both contaiers were by the truck and the container with the old oil was the one closer to teh truck.. i hadn't specified which container was the new oil....thank god she didn't start the motor...I just draied it all back out and put the new stuff in...

Riding oh shit.......Was at sand mountain, Nv and the weather had changed from hot to cold during the week. I had to rejet for the weather change and was doing test runs to see which jets i needed to run for the day....On the final test run Ijust took off down the same path I had taken the previous 2 times and knew that i had got the right size jets in. I shifted into 3rd and had it pinned about to go into 4th when i figured it was time to turn around and get the other people that were with me....Just as I made that decision i woke up on my side in the sand...Whe i realized I must have crashed my 2 buddies were already there next to me. The said that I had hit a 3ft dune, flew in the air about 10 feet(me and the banshee). from where i left the ground to where i landed was an estimated 60 feet...the steering stem loop was bent, by front bumper trashed, and handlebars bent slightly...I broke my visor on my Carey Hart limited edition Fox Helmet, broke my collar bone, 3 right ribs and collapsed my right lung...This was on my 421 cheetah powervalve banshee....I guestimate that i was doing roughly 60-70mph when I hit the dune...i don't remember a damn thing but they all saw me leave the ground, banshee did 3 flips and i did some funky stuff...they said by the looks of my body i was unconsciuous when i was in the air.

Dang bro, I got one, not on a banshee on a sled. So I went up to my buddies cabin and I was in the middle of fixing a blown head gasket (well waiting for the part) so I was on his Yamaha 600, it was his beater sled, he was on his new at the time '07 Yamaha Phazer, his cabin is on a river, and we were out riding. We headed down river and I saw this 3 foot deep creek bed that ran into the river, well on our way back I was riding on the river bank because there was like 4 feet of powder, I knew that creek bed was coming up but I didnt know when right about that time the machine shot straight down and bounced back up, I heard a huge bang and remember my head hitting the bars then falling off, after a minute I regain my senses to see my buddy standing over me and saying are you ok? He helps me up and I look around to find the sled sitting in the middle of the river so I walk over and say yeah Im good lets go... for some reason the damn thing wouldn't turn so I stop the sled and take a look at the ski's one of them is pointing straight up... so Im thinking ok maybe if I push on the front it will fix it, well it kind of broke off thats the point where I said OH SHIT because it was a 17 mile ride back to the truck and no way to tow the sled it took us all day to get back.

Got a couple...

#1 My buddy asked me and my uncle to switch his sand tires to dirt tires the night before our riding trip. Turns out we put one of the front wheels on backwards, and when he took off he broke the stem and he thought he caught a flat. Luckily the place we ride at had a tire shop so he figured out it was the stem, got it fixed the next day lol.

#2 During riding, my buddy made a pass which put me behind everybody. For some reason i slowed down, next thing I know i see him flip over off his bike and the bike rolled on top of him. I was sure glad I let him pass me up because that would've been me, haha.

#3 Not too bad, but my grandpa decides to stand my bike up in his garage to make room for his Harley. week later I go in the garage, and see oil under my bike. Turns out some how he ripped the breather hose off of the crank case and all the oil spilled out.

#4 At pismo a buddy of mine just purchased a fresh stock banshee. It's his first time riding at the dunes, and he decides to try and lead everyone. He's going about 25 mph faster than everyone and decides to steer off to the right, and flies off a 30 foot sand dune and broke his arm. That was the end of his riding trip.

Edited by dEcon

i got one from 2day

fixen by friends mojave (beater bike like new though) put all new topend gaskets tighten everything down put everything back one go to kick it and it feels like its got madd compression ahaha so we pull it with his brothers quad nothing and pushing it was madd hard to! turns out the rubber gashet fot the head cover slipped in a little and decided to wrap itself aroung the cam ahahah oh shit!!

another one same kid diffrent quad(400ex) buys it off some guy 2000 1 month later seizes it cause no oil ahahah after he rebuilds it streched the timing chain cause he put big tires one fixes that goes through two sets of carrier bearings and a carrier good for a month his decompressioner cam goes and right after his timing chain snapps good for a bit then drops a valve and puts a few speed holes in his piston just got a new piston and hone and he streched his third timing chain and its rotting noww in his shed ahahah we call this the "curse"

was hauling ass at the dunes this summer prolly 45 mph and hit a 10ft drop off. The weekend before the drop off wasnt even there. Guess dunes chance pretty damn quick. I was fine but my ankles hurt like a bastard for a few weeks.............couldnt do anything but think....OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SHIT while i was about to go flying. haha

first time ridin down this long ass gravel road with this kid i just met in the trails by my house.. he was on his banshee i was on my ltr, and he just looks at me and then takes off, so i assume he wants to race... well i got a handful and passed him and looked back then noticed i was pullin on him like a mofo and then i look back forward and there was a slight turn so i say " O shit o shit o shit o shit!" (tried using my front brakes, but of course at the time i had a bent rotor so they didnt work at all) so i slam on my back brakes and start pumping them and down shifting trying to slow down and the bike just starts slidin sideways and then i look forward and see i am heading straight for this random ass IRON WELL.. like 4 feet tall and about a foot in diameter.. and im tryin to save it.. well i slowed down to about 40-ish and then said my for real like no turnin back "OHH SHITT!!" and so i bailed with like 2 feet until i hit, made it off the bike just in time and then my leg hit the pole and ripped my whole pant leg off and shoes too.. flipped twice in the air and laded in a random ass pile of junk tires on the other side of this ditch.. i didnt break any bones, only pancaked a footpeg into my frame and thats all.. someone was lookin out for me