Stock Swinger on 421 Cub...Crazy?

j_rod421

I'm getting my new 421 cub motor put together and will be staying with the stock swinger mostly due to finances. I only ride the bike at the dunes. I am a fairly well experienced rider and could handle the stock length with a 4 mill with factory cylinders with a drag port job. With stock gearing I'd have the front end up through 5th untill the last couple feet of the drag strip. With my new found power, is this going to be just plain annoying with a stocker or what would be a reasonable minimum on extended length. I'd like to keep the semi factory look to the chassis. Thanks!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL i have got to agree i think i would go with afflack!

Edited by motor builder

Too bad your names not swingarm builder :biggrin: . Its all preference man but obviously you'll be pulling wheelies everywhere. Just wait till you have enough cash to dump a little into a swinger. If your trying to save money just wait till the time is right.

Oh wait builder is the guy above me ^^ : P

Too bad your names not swingarm builder :biggrin: . Its all preference man but obviously you'll be pulling wheelies everywhere. Just wait till you have enough cash to dump a little into a swinger. If your trying to save money just wait till the time is right.

Oh wait builder is the guy above me ^^ : P

LOL i do acutally strech stock swingers for guys. It is not fancy but they look good and a hell of a lot cheaper than some of the other ones.

I'm getting my new 421 cub motor put together and will be staying with the stock swinger mostly due to finances. I only ride the bike at the dunes. I am a fairly well experienced rider and could handle the stock length with a 4 mill with factory cylinders with a drag port job. With stock gearing I'd have the front end up through 5th untill the last couple feet of the drag strip. With my new found power, is this going to be just plain annoying with a stocker or what would be a reasonable minimum on extended length. I'd like to keep the semi factory look to the chassis. Thanks!

probably work well like a minus 2 on a stock motor

alot of wheelies,lol

I had a stock swinger on my 392 Cub once. I would pull power wheelies on gravel with stock tires when the power band hit in 4th, or maybe even 5th gear. Crazy passing a bolt on modded Banshee that's WOT in 5th or 6th while in a wheelie on gravel. Last time I rode it without a plus 6.