How much money

92 Z71

Really wouldn't want to add that up. I've spent more on my motor then I paid for the whole bike and I think I bought it for 3200.00 Still dumping money into it, I'll probably never stop just cause its fun and addicting. Like they say in drag racing " Speed cost money, how fast can you afford to go? "

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have 3k invested. (John you spent your cash in all the right places. I love your beater)

I traded a car for the shee+cash. I rebuilt a 68 Fairlane. Cars were my thing. I only had 3k into the Fairlane. I am a honest guy, so I was not trying to screw anyone over. I built the car out of "hook ups" from people I know, it was a very low budget build. You can not tell from the pics. So I gave someone else a great deal as well.

The shee, has been revamped since then, and is now undergoing a complete change, Again. But with all the extra parts I have sold, and the deals I have gotten from most of you on here, I am still in the 3k range of out of pocket cost over all.

Regrets, YES. I wish I would have known about HQ before I traded. I would have gotten a much better deal.

Here are some before and after pics of the car.

FFrt1.jpg

6-26DriversSide.jpg

After

Enginein3.jpg

fairlane3.jpg

fairlane2.jpg

This is a depressing topic.

Isn't that the truth. I laughed when i seen this topic but like someone else said, "What hobby isn't expensive?" I have too many to count and they all cost $$. My wife reminds me about it all the time :biggrin:

15 to 20K....easily.

From purchase price, to different engine builds, frames...etc.

That doesn't account for what I've swapped, sold, etc. from build to build...easily saved a few thousand there.

It is very depressing... I write off this stuff for taxes...but when you do buddy/buddy cash swap parts deals, that gets lost due to no paper trail.

Why are we bringing this up in such rough times, just makes me want to cry. I'm just trying to survive in this Michigan economy. Everytime I look at how much I spend on my bike, it makes me sick. I should be focusing on my college education, not my bike, but damn, this shit is addicting. I need to slow down and realize that I am still in college and slow my spending habbits. :banghead: