the thumb and twist throttle

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seen them kicking about on ebay and thought of getting one for the last shee but my new shee had a twist throttle on when i got it and i hated it. not enough control when the arms start to pump, went straight back to thumb............would score some points for b eing trick tho

:biggrin:

seen them kicking about on ebay and thought of getting one for the last shee but my new shee had a twist throttle on when i got it and i hated it. not enough control when the arms start to pump, went straight back to thumb............would score some points for b eing trick tho

:biggrin:

Its called terry cable dual gasser you cn get em off ebay for 120 shipped, i had 1 the pin sliped and lost a 5th gear wheelie, it was back forsale the next day. but its great for winter riding, or drag racing, just not for mx, trails.

Its called terry cable dual gasser you cn get em off ebay for 120 shipped, i had 1 the pin sliped and lost a 5th gear wheelie, it was back forsale the next day. but its great for winter riding, or drag racing, just not for mx, trails.

yea that was my main concern..if u could depend on it in long desert rides

ahh guess i will bring both then to glamis

We have one designed which is superior in many ways to the competition. We have a bearing billet idler gear instead plastic which sticks in theris and wears through quickly causing a lot of slop. We have two ratios available on the same throttle (twist end). We have a billet twist tube instead of plastic. We have a positive stop which won't in any case release on it's own. We have a very positive stop on the throttle tube which won't be sloppy. We as always have great attention to detail.

It will be out in about 2 months.

Edited by Chariot Performance

My banshee came with a twist throttle, it was the first thing I replaced. I have ridden 250r's with twist throttles, and it was down right dangerous in my eyes. The machine is just too heavy to have a twist throttle. You need to be able to have a full grip, with no worries about moving a throttle. When I get into a bad situation, its nice to be able to pull your thumb off the throttle and just hang on for the ride.