T5s Vs Cpis drag port

1quickshee

Breath in through your nose and blow out through a straw.. Answere your question-lol

T-5s will work but it will deffinatly take the performance outta the top end.. The Cpis are fine for a drag port but still not optimal if your looking for lots of top-end.. Allot of guys prefer the Shearer pipes cause they pull forever but I realize those probably dont fall into the sleeper catagory..lol

RIPPEN

We just dynoed one of our 4mm stk. cyl.with T5s and it made around 85-86 hp. Definetly would of made more with Shearers and a bit more porting though! :biggrin:

you can put t-5s on it but it will just be a waste. go to ''CHEETAH PIPES'' in this forum we talked ALOT about pipes for a cub(which is drag ported stock,so it would be the same thing pretty much as drag ported stock ones) so its the same principle. but if you want a 'sleeper'' look get you some ''UNstamped'' CPI's(it just doesnt have CPI stamped on the side).

un stamped cpi's are a sleeper look? I don't think CPI's are that hard to notice what they are. I guess it is all what you consider a "sleeper".....

i guess if you had some unstamped cpi's that are painted/PC'd black then they would look stock at a glance?

but i think your idea of the cut t3's is the best sleeper idea.

We just dynoed one of our 4mm stk. cyl.with T5s and it made around 85-86 hp. Definetly would of made more with Shearers and a bit more porting though! :biggrin:

Dyno results with approx numbers? hmmm.. lol

un stamped cpi's are a sleeper look? I don't think CPI's are that hard to notice what they are. I guess it is all what you consider a "sleeper".....

Stamped or unstamped. The pipe is the same size. I ran CPI inframes on my cheetah for a few years. Made lots of power. Had a buddy that ran T5's on a similar motor. Lets just say he ate lots of sand most of the time. Big difference there. Go Shearer or CPI. I just so happen to have my CPI's for sale if your interested there in the for sale section.

cpi inframes with a 196 and 128 or t5's will rip hard with 35mm but that would kill the sleeper plus needing 8" swinger to handle it.. t'5 s are great pipes but you will loose a little more torque than the cpi's and shearers,, t3's yes better sleeper

Sleeper i say paul turners and cub set up powdercoated black now that would be fun and to make even more fun throw on some thrashed plastic oh yeah .

I have a buddy that has a set of cut t-3's chrome if intrested $200 with silencers I believe...although they would look better black and rusty...

you guys should not agree with me you will get labled as not knowing notthing also...

The way you conduct yourself holds more power than what you know when it comes to being labeled here.. I know plenty of great guys that don't know that much about bikes.. Thats what this place is for.. Its the ones who THINK they know it all and act like jerk offs when told otherwise that people don't like...

OP, sorry for going a bit off topic..

RIPPEN

Sleeper i say paul turners and cub set up powdercoated black now that would be fun and to make even more fun throw on some thrashed plastic oh yeah .

I would say 10mill cub with stock pipes. That way you dont loose the low end torque that the stock pipes make and you will still have the peak hp of the Cub.