Glamis over holidays

P-man

The biggest weekends are halloween and thanksgiving, never been there on new years, im sure its gets crowded but not as crowded as the previous holiday weekends..As the season goes on the crowd thins out alot...This is when you get the best riding in..the less people the better :thumbsup:

The biggest weekends are halloween and thanksgiving, never been there on new years, im sure its gets crowded but not as crowded as the previous holiday weekends..As the season goes on the crowd thins out alot...This is when you get the best riding in..the less people the better :thumbsup:

Thanks for the input 1.6, Anyone been there during the winter? :huh::blink:

Edited by P-man

• 2 weeks later...
From my experience, any holiday weekend will get the dunes packed!

Be carefull out there! BLM & Rangers are smashing down hard out there.. Make sure got your permits, registrations & stickers on your vehicles.. They're handing out tickets & towing vehicles out the dunes like no tomorrow!

what he said...i try and stay away from big weekends in glamis. they give tickets for anything. even on off weekends there is still fair amount of people. way too many sand cars with "pancho" driving flying a mexican flag on their whip. :down: go to olds if you want to drag, or go far out to dune. i like both its kinda nice going out into the dunes just carry a gps. most the crowds hang at olds.

If you want to have a good time on a holiday weekend, spend it at home with your family. Glamis is just stupid on holiday weekends. On top of what everyone else has said about Rangers, people acting stupid and hurting others. The dunes get so rutted out that you can hardly have a good time riding becasue it's so damn rough.

I avoid holiday weekends like the plague. It is kind neat to go one time just to experiance it and see how many people are out there and see some of these 175k buggies and stuff, but other then that stay home.