28mm Keihin PWK Jetting

Dick Wheels

Ok, never mind about the whole slide not opening issue. I just went and pulled one carb off and went to sudco's website and noticed I had the spring in backwards for the slide. Funny thing is I installed them the same as they came to me. Oh well got that figured out.

Anyways now back to jetting them. So you think the LGN needles will be fine? I see a lot of people are using the JJH needles. At least it only seems that its gonna be 1 or the other. You also think the 155main and 45 pilot will be fine? Just maybe bunk them up to a 160 and 50 to be safe for now and work from there

I have no air box at all. I switched to this setup from a single carb with pod and when I got the shee it had dual 34's with pods so I never had an air box. I am going to put and air box back on it asap though and it will be run with one. I just gotta find one at a decent price thats not destroyed. It is almost x-mas maybe someone will be nice and send me one. hehe

As far as your needle goes it really comes down to the pipes you are running & I'm not sure what DG pipes like. When I ran FMF pipes I ran a N68A needle which worked very well, however when I switched to Trinity pipes they hated that needle & I had to get a JJH needle. JJH seems to be the norm from what I've read on here so I would reccomend a JJh & I would set it in the middle position. I would start with a 165 main due to your temp & the fact you have some porting even though we don't know to what extent your port work is. Always better to start rich than lean & since we have a lot of unknowns with your engine, pipes, etc... this would be safe I would think.

Awesome, exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for your reply. I'll go ahead and order a few jet sizes between my 155 and up to the 165 and grab a set of the JJH needles to. I also saw that most people ended up running the JJH needles but when it comes to the graphs and figuring out the differences between the LGN's I have and the JJH's is like foreign language to me. My DG's ar like an improved stock pipe I would say. They peak below 8k but have a nice pull in the low/mid range.

What is a N68A needle?

Awesome, exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for your reply. I'll go ahead and order a few jet sizes between my 155 and up to the 165 and grab a set of the JJH needles to. I also saw that most people ended up running the JJH needles but when it comes to the graphs and figuring out the differences between the LGN's I have and the JJH's is like foreign language to me. My DG's ar like an improved stock pipe I would say. They peak below 8k but have a nice pull in the low/mid range.

What is a N68A needle?

When I ordered my 28's it was setup for the pipes I was going to be running among other things & came with a N68A needle. I started with that & I was very happy with that needle that is til I put the Trinity pipes on a couple of years ago.

I have heard of the letter designated needles before but cannot find a N68A on the chart. My lgn's are on the total opposite side of the chart from the jjh's. i cannot find the chart again either, i should have saved it

Here you go. :thumbsup:

The N68A is the standard needle for the 28mm PWK. Page 136 has the 28mm information (N427-46 and N427-68). I am not sure if one of the -46 part numbers supersedes the N68A part number... :confused:

Here you go. :thumbsup:

The N68A is the standard needle for the 28mm PWK. Page 136 has the 28mm information (N427-46 and N427-68). I am not sure if one of the -46 part numbers supersedes the N68A part number... :confused:

Your the man! That was the exact thing I was looking for that i found and lost. I called carb parts warehouse and he says he ships his 28's with JJH's. When i told him abut my mods and such he also told me to go with the N68A's.

i think i am gonna order a set of the JJH's and N68A's and will be good to go. Seems that most people are running the N68a's until they get into the slightly heaver mods then I have

Your the man! That was the exact thing I was looking for that i found and lost. I called carb parts warehouse and he says he ships his 28's with JJH's. When i told him abut my mods and such he also told me to go with the N68A's.

i think i am gonna order a set of the JJH's and N68A's and will be good to go. Seems that most people are running the N68a's until they get into the slightly heaver mods then I have

I'm sure one of those will work well for you.

Good luck.