reverse cyl ypvs shee project

streetshee

hello lads,ive started my reverse cylinder ypvs conversion on my street legal shee,heres a few pics,welds are rough,i havent ground them yet. im just not sure of the angle of the carbs though? ive got 36mm mikuni tm's and think they can be tilted quite a lot before the floats play havoc cant they? or should i turn the intakes upside down? will that mess up the fuel/air to the boost port?

http://s355.photobucket.com/albums/r469/scoobyhunter/

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it`s been done. no kinda gain. dynoedge did it 10 years ago. banshee cylinders.made less hp than a normally placed set of cylinders. more work, no gain. just to show it could be done.neat looking set up with the pipes straight out the back.

Wouldnt it be taking a lot more air in?

At the speeds you get on a banshee (70ish to 80) no...it is not enough to make a difference.

If this was on a road race bike that saw 120 to 150MPH alot, yeah, it would be worth a couple HP...maybe.

As said, John @ DynoEdge here in MI did this a long time ago. If you want it for the "cool, different" factor...go for it.

But that's all it's gonna be!

yes its just for the "what the fcuk,your engine is backwards m8!" and to be different,ive got an rz gearbox and right side case with oil pump so i dont have to carry oil with me.(cos shees street legal).next on list is zeeltronic ignition combined ypvs in one box.i spent the weekend on my lath(its only small) making a lock up clutch cover,looks sweet,just got to get some plexi glass or something for the cover.

yes its just for the "what the fcuk,your engine is backwards m8!" and to be different,ive got an rz gearbox and right side case with oil pump so i dont have to carry oil with me.(cos shees street legal).next on list is zeeltronic ignition combined ypvs in one box.i spent the weekend on my lath(its only small) making a lock up clutch cover,looks sweet,just got to get some plexi glass or something for the cover.

well... ok here's the delema. it would be good to flop the manifolds for the carbs to sit right (and don't forget to stabilize the other side of the carbs) however, the x-over pipe- akaboost tube- would fill with fuel inverting it's functionality and robbin the low end. best bet is to run them plugged, or switch to a 2-1 setup. if you plug them, make sure that they are close to flush on the inside. i would build a sick mounting plate with air horn/filter combo, cus with 18/38 cogs, i know you'll see better than 70-80 mph- more like shy of 200km/h racing an r6 i.e. :ninja: perhaps you can find longer intakes off a 340 or 440 sno-go engine, then you can relocate the tube back on top, as well as gain a little torque. sould prolly weld up a y-pipe and single large chamber now that there is room for a real fatty. whenever you can, take some ques from sno-go setups, cus in a sled, the 350 should pump 50-60 ponies on 87 octane right out of the box. :notworthy: wish i could fit the clutches and pipe off my 700 in there (136.4 bhp @ 116mph on 92 octane) :evil: maybey i'll check sno-go salvage to size up intakes tomorrow, cus i tore one rippin the trails today and ripped exhaust coupler etc. :whistling:

well... ok here's the delema. it would be good to flop the manifolds for the carbs to sit right (and don't forget to stabilize the other side of the carbs) however, the x-over pipe- akaboost tube- would fill with fuel inverting it's functionality and robbin the low end. best bet is to run them plugged, or switch to a 2-1 setup. if you plug them, make sure that they are close to flush on the inside. i would build a sick mounting plate with air horn/filter combo, cus with 18/38 cogs, i know you'll see better than 70-80 mph- more like shy of 200km/h racing an r6 i.e. :ninja: perhaps you can find longer intakes off a 340 or 440 sno-go engine, then you can relocate the tube back on top, as well as gain a little torque. sould prolly weld up a y-pipe and single large chamber now that there is room for a real fatty. whenever you can, take some ques from sno-go setups, cus in a sled, the 350 should pump 50-60 ponies on 87 octane right out of the box. :notworthy: wish i could fit the clutches and pipe off my 700 in there (136.4 bhp @ 116mph on 92 octane) :evil: maybey i'll check sno-go salvage to size up intakes tomorrow, cus i tore one rippin the trails today and ripped exhaust coupler etc. :whistling:

ok, sorry, i just now checked your pics, and nix what i said about the x-over tube, those intakes would work fine upside down

thats awesome man, great job!

i like the fact that your out in the shed making your own parts and trying different things yourself! makes for alot more interesting reading than all the bloody "what jets should i run" threads on here!

gonna build the pipes yourself? shouldnt be too hard with such a straight run back through the bike! might be a tight squeeze for large chambers though!

thankyou,yes im going to make the pipes myself,ive downloaded a cone making software but im not sure yet what pipes to make,i might copy my 916 pipes? ill have to have a doubled back end pipe/s to get it all in,maybe i can loose some length by making the header pipes an 's' shape,then maybe i can get the pipe to sit straight backwards with the tailpipe/s pointing straight into the teeth of everyone behind!! lol.