Thumb or Twist

#1banshee

For long rides there can be issues with THUMB CRAMPS! LOL

I prefer the thumb throttle for controllability. That is just my opinion. :thumbsup:

i agree eh lol... my shit was cramped from riding on sunday for a long period of time.. :down:

Edited by #1banshee

thumb is for ladies ... lol

I ride a twist throttle since 6 years with no problem, the only thing: be very cautious on your 3 first ride. You can hit the gaz at the landing of a jumb, during a wheely or when you make a short turn.

It can be scary on the first ride but it' so amasing to twist the throttle when you drag.

Twist is the champ once you learn to use it!!

The deal is the twist is better, but some people just cant get used to it, you'll either love it or hate it but dont waste your time putting it on unless you committ to leaving it on for a min of 5 long rides after that you can make up your mind. Also depends on how you ride, if it's all technical short jaunts at a time then keep the thumb. If your like me and are running full throttle for long periods of time, like desert racing, then a twist is a very good mod. I love just grabbing a handfull of throttle leaning back and letting the bike do all the work, it evan made riding whoops eaiser!!

its a preference i went from thumb to twist and back to thumb.ive been riding bikes since the 70's and am used to a twist throttle and have alot of track time with drag bikes over the years.i just feel more comfortable with the thumb throttle on the shee.a twist throttle can get you into touble quick imo.the way i look at it if the ride is getting too rough its hard to stay on the gas but keeps me out of trouble.if you want to be able to stay on the gas no matter how rough the ride gets go with the twist.one of my buddies rides with a twist and he wrecks more than everyone else i ride or have ridden with.seems like he wrecks pinned out in what ever gear he is in at the time as well.

I bought mine from a guy that was running twist. I didn't really mind it but found it hard to control wheelies. My brother also almost ran into a tree with it. He goosed it and when the front came up he froze, just hung on and never twisted it back. He ended up going through a ditch and splitting right between two big trees. After that I switched back for safety sake.