BAJA 1000

ikikazz

the trucks and buggies aren`t much to worry about the racers respect each other fairly well. The thing to watch out for is the boobie traps set up by tree huggers and by the mexican fans. They tend to set up man made obstacles sometimes to catch riders and drivers off guard. sometimes its just jumps or mud holes that weren`t there for the prerun. We did a race down by rocky point one part of the track ran under a railroad bridge. The night before the race they bricked off the end of the bridge so somebody would get hurt. The promoter had somebody prerun the coarse that morning and found it. They can`t do that on a 1000 mile course. So yea have a good safe race and I wish I was going some day I will.

My friends Ray and Carl are running on Mike Pendlans Can-Am team They asked me to run chase truck but i declined due to the fact i was out riding in utah for 3 weeks and just got back to NY. Im already signed on for 2009 though!!!! I pickup my Can-Am paid Rental truck at Sandiego on the wends next year and drive down met with can am and get all the necessary gear i have to haul! .Cant wait! - JT

Edited by JTQuad

First and foremost....BE CAREFULL. A friend of mine used to race the Baja Series. He was always getting injured due to the incompetance of others. And with Buggies, Trunks and everything else out there....I'm sure it can get pretty knarly!!!

Word. I have chased for a front line team in the race and I just about died a few times.............. and I wasn't even racing. The desert tends to fool with you at night. :confused:

• 3 weeks later...