the boost bottle

my bike came with one on it, i just took it off, because it cracked one of the intake boots, and it looked gay. ill sell it to you if you want, it has some nice stickers on it too! way more room to work under there with the stock tube on. lucky i caught the crack before it went all the way thru and toastered my motor.

I was out riding last weekend at a local place that has a few tracks. The banshee always seems to get a LOT of atention around my area as there are little sport quads around and people are used to seeing the old farmers rigs rather then a screaming one drifting around a track. One bloke says he used to race them when they first came out and there is this thing out that is better then adding pipes and all that shit and its called a BOOST BOTTLE :rolleyes: he says it adds more power and makes them easyer to ride.I just said oh yea and went on with conversation with another bloke but i had a good laugh after :biggrin:

I was out riding last weekend at a local place that has a few tracks. The banshee always seems to get a LOT of atention around my area as there are little sport quads around and people are used to seeing the old farmers rigs rather then a screaming one drifting around a track. One bloke says he used to race them when they first came out and there is this thing out that is better then adding pipes and all that shit and its called a BOOST BOTTLE :rolleyes: he says it adds more power and makes them easyer to ride.I just said oh yea and went on with conversation with another bloke but i had a good laugh after :biggrin:

lmao, sometimes stupidity isnt even worth arguing

Boost bottles will help, but not in "stock" form.

What you will want to go ahead and do, is drill some one inch holes in either end of it.

Then, get some 1 inch poly tubing. JB weld one end of the tubing to the the hole you made in the boost bottle, then thread the other end up to the front of the machine.

Get two large funnels

Attach the funnel to the tubing, with the wide opening facing forward.

Zip tie it to the front of the quad somehere, preferably the front bumper... Wherever you think you will get the most air flow.

Repeat on the other side.

This will be an effective "Ram Air" system and should dramatically increase your HP.

Make sure you re-jet to compensate for the increased air flow other wise you will melt down your pistons very quickly.

Once you get it going this way, you can experiment and fab up a custom aluminum air scoop to replace the funnels.

Fine print: The above mod is a joke, don't really do it.

I think you need to get a new friend.

Boost Bottles cause the intake boots to crack. This will lean out your banshee and melt it down.

josh

Do you mean melt the intake boots down or the engine? Just wondering because mine came with one and I took it off. I can say from experience that they do crack the boots. Both mine were cracked and its hard to see unless your looking for it. Made it run horrible and overheat within 5 minutes of riding.