American Star?

ASRBanshee

I guess my opinion for these arms were positive until this moment when I was replacing a stud and realizing, wow these are shit. Some people might have different opinions and would disagree but I think these arms are shit. Then I get bullshit by someone stealing my quad and then the stud that connects the heim joint to the caliper came off .and the bike flips over on the theif. I call ASR, and of course friendly but the response I get is fucking incredible. "Oh, not enough locktite was put on and thats why the stud came off." yea bullshit locktite was put on and the thing still came off and luckily it didn't happen to me. You tighten the stud bolt and hard as you can then 5 min later it comes off and thats how I see there products work. For me my vote is down and I guess until I get new arms I will be paranoid of this stud coming lose again. So my vote is a no and if it were me, i would spend the $370 elsewhere instead of getting these arms. And I used to think people were stupid to talk trash saying how these a-arms are garbage but I guess I learned the hard way.

post-28415-1223261017.jpg

post-28415-1223260971.jpg

Not much you can do. With lock tight you have to make sure that you clean the threads good with brake clean. If they are oily your just wasting your time.

Why not see if you can find some ball joints to replace the hiem joints? I check my asr's on my raptor before I go riding. They havent loosened up yet.

I think ricky stator sells ball joints that might fit those. I have them on my rappy and haven`t had any problems with them yet. I have a different brand on my shee I really like but the ball joints are expensive to replace. I was thinking of buying the asr`s because they are cheaper than the ball joints, now I am not sure what I will do. I run +3 on mine and they are one of the few brands that are adjustable.

I guess I better check mine out on the rappy.

Well I guess in some ways you wasted money but in other ways you saved money by not having to replace the bike after being stolen. But I would be pissed to especially if it happened to me.

I think ricky stator sells ball joints that might fit those. I have them on my rappy and haven`t had any problems with them yet. I have a different brand on my shee I really like but the ball joints are expensive to replace. I was thinking of buying the asr`s because they are cheaper than the ball joints, now I am not sure what I will do. I run +3 on mine and they are one of the few brands that are adjustable.

I guess I better check mine out on the rappy.

Well I guess in some ways you wasted money but in other ways you saved money by not having to replace the bike after being stolen. But I would be pissed to especially if it happened to me.

i had full flight a arms with about the same exact problem and customer support

Why not just spend the extra bucks and get some Lonestars or something? So let me get this straight someone stole your quad and the arm snapped?

No the allen bolt that holds the tapered stud in to the hiem joint came loose. This allowed the a arm and spindle to seperate.

My Janessen's have the same setup. They came with lock nuts and a hole to put a cotter pin in. Mine havent come loose yet. I also used the heavy duty loctite the perament stuff. Maybe its just a bad bolt. It does happen.

I believe he is talking about the other end. The allen bolt that holds the stud in the Hiem Joint.

I use +2 up 1 ASR A arms on my shee for the past three years and they are still holding tight. Did you buy them used or new? If they were used... maybe the studs were wore out some from some really heavy use. I bought mine from a guy in who did alot of ice racing.

There are alot of aftermarket arms out there that use this type of stud to pull off the out heim joint design......... The converse problem to them loosening and coming off is that if you need to replace the heim, you might not be able to get the stud off not matter how much you heat it to free up the loctite.

I don't have a problem with the design, by design, but it does have some issues in the field for sure. :geek:

There are alot of aftermarket arms out there that use this type of stud to pull off the out heim joint design......... The converse problem to them loosening and coming off is that if you need to replace the heim, you might not be able to get the stud off not matter how much you heat it to free up the loctite.

I don't have a problem with the design, by design, but it does have some issues in the field for sure. :geek:

I didnt lock tight mine for that reason. If you ever have to remove that stud make sure you break the allen head bolt loose before you start to take the nuts loose.

I guess my opinion for these arms were positive until this moment when I was replacing a stud and realizing, wow these are shit. Some people might have different opinions and would disagree but I think these arms are shit. Then I get bullshit by someone stealing my quad and then the stud that connects the heim joint to the caliper came off .and the bike flips over on the theif. I call ASR, and of course friendly but the response I get is fucking incredible. "Oh, not enough locktite was put on and thats why the stud came off." yea bullshit locktite was put on and the thing still came off and luckily it didn't happen to me. You tighten the stud bolt and hard as you can then 5 min later it comes off and thats how I see there products work. For me my vote is down and I guess until I get new arms I will be paranoid of this stud coming lose again. So my vote is a no and if it were me, i would spend the $370 elsewhere instead of getting these arms. And I used to think people were stupid to talk trash saying how these a-arms are garbage but I guess I learned the hard way.

post-28415-1223261017.jpg

post-28415-1223260971.jpg

I've had no problems with mine. But I herd 250r ball joints will work. Never tried it but thats what I herd.