Best way to hold the flywheel still

whats the best way or other way to hold the flywheel still when you put on/remove the flywheel nut without the flywheel holder tool?

i dont know where i could get a flywheel holder withput having to pay deadly shipping to canada

whats the best way or other way to hold the flywheel still when you put on/remove the flywheel nut without the flywheel holder tool?

i dont know where i could get a flywheel holder withput having to pay deadly shipping to canada

any bike repair shop parts dept. /dealer sells them........

ive never had to hold my flywheel taking it off or putting it on.. i just use an impact. and ive never torqued it.

X 2.

It is absolutely critical though....make sure your kill switches are turned off, and clean up the threads on the flywheel before you reverse thread the puller on. You want more than just a few threads of the puller into the flywheel.

Brief hit with the impact should pop it loose...

I agree an impact is the easiest way to get it off, works for going back on also but ya may or may not have it torqued just right (use loctite just in case, I had one come off a 250R and had to push the bitch home). Strap wrench will work but can slip and bust some knuckles. I made a tool, there's some pics in the electrical FAQ below but here's one:

tool2.jpg

X 2.

It is absolutely critical though....make sure your kill switches are turned off, and clean up the threads on the flywheel before you reverse thread the puller on. You want more than just a few threads of the puller into the flywheel.

Brief hit with the impact should pop it loose...

Heed that warning. You can ruin the threads in the flywheel, and the puller. If you loan out your puller, tell your buddy that. I've had 2 pullers ruined from loaning them out.

I'm not rich like some of you so I just got a flat piece of metal and turned the flywheel til that little square on the outside came around and the other end was pushed against the foot peg to stop the wheel from turning more. Came right off.............. :biggrin:

thats hood dogg.