4 mill or port job?

87bansheeguy

It depends on your style of riding. A 4mil is more light switch type of power so if you do alot of trail riding I'd go with an agressive trail port. To go with this IDK what your other mods are but with the mods in my sig I have to get the crank true and welded and im going with a heavy duty clutch with heavy duty springs, but thats about it. Hope that answers your question

what 278 said... depends on what type of riding you do. i say get both... a port job will deffinately wake up a 4mm stroke!

i do alot of open feild riding and occasional trails but i get out to silver lake sand dunes every now and then and i love smoking them 4 pokes and im just looking for enough power to smoke all them yfz 450s in a drag but not loose all of my bottom end

The "light switch power" statement is untrue about the 4mil stroker. The 4mil stroker is going to give you more bottom end and a broader mid range while still retaining the top, but should have the appropriate porting done to feed the added displacement.

The porting style in conjunction with the proper pipes is what will determine how the power is delivered, a "drag" port will be more light switchy than a good "trail" or "dune" port. You also wouldn't want to thow a "drag" oriented pipe on a trail ported motor and or you wouldn't want to throw a "fatty pipe" on a drag ported motor.

All in all if you have the funds, get the 4mil and the porting for it, because if you get porting done for a stock stroke, then decide to upgrade to the stroker, you might not be able to have the cylinders re ported for the stroker.

Sounds like for what you want, a 4mil and a dune port would be the ticket, but that is something you should consult a builder about.

All in all if you have the funds, get the 4mil and the porting for it, because if you get porting done for a stock stroke, then decide to upgrade to the stroker, you might not be able to have the cylinders re ported for the stroker.

Sounds like for what you want, a 4mil and a dune port would be the ticket, but that is something you should consult a builder about. [/b]

what he said :thumbsup: