Did I Blow IT :( "Help me out"

Chape

I was dragging my brothers car one day. And after we got done dragging we were riding back to my house when all the sudden I had a huge backfire the quad died. At first I thought I flooded the spark plugs because I had a freind "Who never rides" playing around on it. So I go to change the spark plugs and the left side is perfect little brown not dry a little wet the way I like it a little safer so im told.

The right side spark plugg is missing the head of the spark plug and tehre is what appears to be little metal shavings around the spark plug.

I then put 2 new spark plugs in the shee and it starts up The left side is normal the right side kicks on and kicks off sounds like it wants to go but back fires alot so i shut it off because I did not want to cause further damage to my ATV.

It has not been ridden to much since ive done all my upgrading but I am confused as to why it would do this with very little ride time on it should I have been running a Higher Quaily of gas?

I used Prem. Gas mix with the oil 92 octain but was told maybe I should use race gas instead to help with compression. But when i did a compression check with a freind before I even ripped on her about a month earlyer the compression was fine.

Upgrades I have done to bike.

19-Domes

Cool head

4mm Stroker

Dynotech Ignition

Extended swing arm.

New tough chain.

Carbon Fiber Reeds.

2 into 1 Carb system

CPI Inframe Drag pipes.

lockout Clutch-- I Know its not really needed yet with upgrades but i got a good deal so why not. 100 bucks :)

I have yet to pull the cool head off to look in side to cylinder to see if it did blow because I live about 2 hours from were my ATV is stored and if im going to buy parts to fix it i would rather get them here at a local store.

I did all the installlation of the parts my self. I was told if i dont know anything about 2 strokes to not touch them so i took it apon my self to get to know my Shee inside and out. IM not the brightest when it comes to working with them but i can slowy find my way around.

Soultion if it is blown so im told is to Get it Bored out and all that good stuff and order a new TOP END KIT for it.

So questions to you guys.

YOu think i blew it or is that head of spark plug some were in my cylinder?

What TOp end kit should i buy for it if i have to? I have about 300 bucks to spend.

Should i be running higher octane in her?

ALSO CRANK IS WELLDED

thanks for future helpfull replys.

Edited by Chape

I would definitely pull the head off to see what you are dealing with before spending money on a new top end. But a mangled plug is never a good sign. :blink:

Depending on your elevation you may be fine with premium pump gas, but I also run 19cc domes and with 165psi per cylinder shee runs great on a 50/50 mix of VP C12 and 93 premium.

good luck.

Yeah i can bring it to were I am... What exactly should i be looking for inside the motor and after i take off the head since i am still fairly new to this machine

If you blew it up to the point its not running and you have spark plug damage you will know it

when you see it. If anything came apart internally dont run it any more than you have to, in fact

if you know you broke something DONT run it at all. If you have cylinder wall damage you are

looking at honing if not boring, new pistons rings, etc... Have them ported while they are out if

they are not already and go with forged pistons. Good luck... Hope you get er running soon!

Edited by mdhc500

While mine is apart the jugs had to be looked at and it looks like a piece of plug at one time before we owned the banshee came off and bounced around in there. It left a little bit of damage to things are going to have to be bored out and changed. Left a nasty groove on one piston as well inside the housing part and the head of it has all kinds of ding marks. :down:

you sir have a hole in your piston. now being only one side, this is where what my builder told me comes into play. the 2 into 1 intakes can favor one side of the motor. ie the reason only one side burnt up. what octane were you running?

with those domes you need minium 50/50 race and premium.

While mine is apart the jugs had to be looked at and it looks like a piece of plug at one time before we owned the banshee came off and bounced around in there. It left a little bit of damage to things are going to have to be bored out and changed. Left a nasty groove on one piston as well inside the housing part and the head of it has all kinds of ding marks. :down:

was running 92 octane no race gas- with the oil mix...

so i get from this that 2 in to 1 are not safe?

1 into two are perfectly safe and great for a trail bike...

There are a few companies that make the kit, and I've never heard a builder say they're unsafe or favor one side or the other.

An old V8 car has a single spot for a carb that feeds 8 cylinders, and they last for hundreds of thousands of miles...I'd think if they "favored a cylinder" they'd have problems too...