performance adds

Sneed69

So can I run this setup and find a significant amount of power increase, keep the stock carbs, and not have to have machine work done?

Desired Setup

The CoolHead with 21cc Domes

Pilot Jet: 30

Needle: 4th or 5th position

Main Jets: 300-320

Exhaust: FMF Fatty

Silencers: Core2

K & N: Filter

K & N: PowerLid

I am looking at this particular one: Coolhead

Will the kit have everything I need for the installation and will the difference in power be extremely impressive? Also can I use this setup in conjunction with the Ricky Stator Timing plate advancing it to +4. And what kind of performance increase do you get from the timing advancement? Also, I guess I'd need to move the needle from the stock position. Again, I want to get as much low end and mid range power as possible without having to do any machine work or killing the top end. Is this the right way to go about it?

Also, will the performance increase be substantial from the Ricky Stator Timing plate set at +4?

Thanks

In a few weeks my set up will be:

-K&N Pods w outerwears

-T5s

-TORS Removed

-PD Coolhead w/ 21cc domes

-Timing +4

-Ported stock cage w/ carbon fiber petals

(Sure I am missing something? It's to early for this.)

All from stock...I can let you know how it works out for me!

After all that I'm looking at HJR porting.

So can I run this setup and find a significant amount of power increase, keep the stock carbs, and not have to have machine work done?

Desired Setup

Will the kit have everything I need for the installation and will the difference in power be extremely impressive? Also can I use this setup in conjunction with the Ricky Stator Timing plate advancing it to +4. And what kind of performance increase do you get from the timing advancement? Also, I guess I'd need to move the needle from the stock position. Again, I want to get as much low end and mid range power as possible without having to do any machine work or killing the top end. Is this the right way to go about it?

Also, will the performance increase be substantial from the Ricky Stator Timing plate set at +4?

Thanks

I don't see anything different on this set up from your current set up other then the Coolhead with 21 cc domes. The head and domes aren't going to give you a significant increase in power unless, as mentioned above, you up the compression (then you may require a higher octane fuel). Your best bet is to get a timing plate. That will really wake her up. $35 for a cast plate on ebay, and will only compliment what you currently have. You'll also need a flywheel puller as mention above, about $15. THe next thing is porting and bigger carbs. Porting is always the best bang for your buck.

SP

Well, from everything I've read here, it sounds like advancing the timing gives the biggest bang for the buck, and also porting. The coolhead seems like it's a convenienve thing and a lot of money for little return.

I'll be going with the Rick Stator timing cover and start there. Then porting is next.

Does this sound like I'm on the right track?

I'm still running 25 Pilot Jets, do I need to change those out when advancing the timing?

Thanks

my brother has fattys and stock carbs with open air box and +4 its has the low end almost as much as my friends piped, jetted, and timind advanced YFZ. and its not ported the +4 and fattys are going to bet hte best bet for bottom end, and overall power save the money on the cool head and have yours milled, the cool head does NOTHING if you put stock domes in it. if you want to have it porred dont get the head, and use that money for porting. and dont put big carbs on if you want low end either, mayber have your bored a mil or two

Would you happen to have links for either of these?

Thanks

Billet plates look sweet but they are about $100 and the cast one does the same thing for $35. How many times will you have your flywheel cover removed to show off your billet timing plate?

And, yes, the stock stator works fine.

my 0.02 worth.

Would you happen to have links for either of these?

Noss Machine Web Site

You can use BHQ as a coupon code at checkout to get the 10% BansheeHQ discount. It makes it $234 + shipping.

I'd recommend 21cc domes for 93 octane if you stay at +4 or less on the timing. (Even if you get the PD head)

-David

I mainly ride trails and MX tracks... I'm mostly wanting the most low and mid range power, and the responsiveness that'll snap your neck, but I don't want to lose the top end either. I do realize there is a trade off, but I'd like to think there is a happy middle ground.

Again, my elevation is 430' above sea level, and temps are in the 90's the majority of the time, Dallas, TX.

Current Setup

Stock Head

Pilot Jet: 25

Needle: 3rd position

Main Jets: 300

I spoke with a guy at Duncan racing for almost an hour today, and the setup he came up with is as follows:

Desired Setup

I'm basically summing up this thread and want ya'lls final feedback.

I really appreciate everyone's info on this! :smile:

I would go with 19cc domes. I got away with it for years on 93.