Hard to push thumb throttle

ok I am new to the banshee and everything I have ever owned was pretty easy to give throttle. I got stock carbs with tors removed. I check to see if the cable was bad or in a bind but everthing was ok. and my throttle box is good to. Would it make since if the springs in the carbs are to stiff. or maybe it is normal for the banshee b/c it has to pull of course two needles instead of one.

I asked something to this effect last week. Chariot Performance replied that I can fix it with their billet thumb throttle. I haven't bought one, but I'm starting to think more and more about it. It's a little pricy, but if it takes alot of the thumb fatigue away, it might be worth it. I think they only sell on EBay. Here's their link.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?f...&category0=

ok well I cut the springs and it didnt change much but now when I am riding it sticks wide open. so I pulled it back into the garage and it is those stupid little brass plugs or whatever you want to call them pop out alittle. so i took the top of the carb and puched it back in worked good for about 10 minutes and it did it again. any idea what the problem is?

I asked something to this effect last week. Chariot Performance replied that I can fix it with their billet thumb throttle. I haven't bought one, but I'm starting to think more and more about it. It's a little pricy, but if it takes alot of the thumb fatigue away, it might be worth it. I think they only sell on EBay. Here's their link.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?f...&category0=

you dont have to buy a whole new throttle assembly... you can buy just the billet thumb extender. modquad and cascade both have them for like 45 bucks.

ok well I cut the springs and it didnt change much but now when I am riding it sticks wide open. so I pulled it back into the garage and it is those stupid little brass plugs or whatever you want to call them pop out alittle. so i took the top of the carb and puched it back in worked good for about 10 minutes and it did it again. any idea what the problem is?

what brass plugs are you talking about? the adjuster on top of the carbs? what carbs are you running?

I am running stock carbs with tors removed. they are the little brass things that are on the inside of both carbs not the side facing out, the sides facing towards each other. it is where the one long groove on the carbs slide ride up and down on. an another issue showed itself. whenever it idles it idles on just the right cylinder. when you get into it you can here the other cylinder kick in. you really cant hear any sounds coming out of the left cylinder you can here the headpipe pinging but not a hole lot of sounds coming from cylinder.

I am running stock carbs with tors removed. they are the little brass things that are on the inside of both carbs not the side facing out, the sides facing towards each other. it is where the one long groove on the carbs slide ride up and down on. an another issue showed itself. whenever it idles it idles on just the right cylinder. when you get into it you can here the other cylinder kick in. you really cant hear any sounds coming out of the left cylinder you can here the headpipe pinging but not a hole lot of sounds coming from cylinder.

i cant remember what stock carbs look like so i cant help you there, but you need to get a carb sync tool and get those puppies synced.

i cant remember what stock carbs look like so i cant help you there, but you need to get a carb sync tool and get those puppies synced.

He is talking about the brass piece on each carb that sticks out about 1/16th of an inch, maybe not even on the inside of the carbs along the slide walls. They are there to keep the slide from spinning around in the carb so that the slanted part of the slide will stay facing the rear of the carb (towards the air filter). I'm pretty sure this is what he is talking about...

I have 3 coils cut off my springs and it made a huge difference in the stiffness of the thumb throttle.

Did you put a new throttle cable on with the tors delete?

Did you lube it?

You know they don't come pre-lubed right?

I would soak the cable down inside with lube and clip another round off the springs. Should make a big difference.

Did you cut the top or bottom of the springs? If you cut the bottom it could get hung up on the brass clip that secures the cable. If it's the slide guide then it's not a prob since it's adjustable. I cut two rings off my springs & got a new thumb throttle. Besides the extended lever, the mechanism in the housing is built different for a smoother push. Also added a Motion Pro steel braided cable, it bends & guides easier. I can dune & trail ride thru the whole tank without a tired thumb.

CarbonFiberThrottle.jpg

He is talking about the brass piece on each carb that sticks out about 1/16th of an inch, maybe not even on the inside of the carbs along the slide walls. They are there to keep the slide from spinning around in the carb so that the slanted part of the slide will stay facing the rear of the carb (towards the air filter). I'm pretty sure this is what he is talking about...

thats what he is talking about.