one cylinder not firing

ban1

left cylinder wont fire until I get in power band

has spark has gas and has compresion (havent checked compresion yet)

but stuck finger over hole on both cylinders and feel the same.

took coil off my brothers and poot on mine but didnt make any diff

top end runs great idals fine but cyl wont fire

PLEASE HELP

Definitely replace the plugs. If that doesn't help- just about everthing will flip from side to side. Spark plug wires, reeds, carbs (plug the choke tube), and etc. Swap things one at a time and retest. I had the exact same problem, really stumped me for a while when the swapping didn't turn anything up. It ended up being the left side crank seal sucking air and screwing up the mixture at the lower rpms.

I CHANGED PLUGS FROM SIDE TO SIDE EVEN CHANGED TO NEW PLUG IN LEFT SIDE ,DIDNT CHANGE

SWAPED CARBS FROM SIDE TO SIDE NO CHANGE

CAN START AND PULL PLUG WIRE OFF LEFT CYL WITH NO CHANGE

BUT PULL PLUG WIRE OFF RIGHT SIDE AND IT DIES

DONT MAKE SENCE

i would suggest lokking at the reeds if you haven't already maybe the left side broke or something and it wont run at idle cause it looses compression but when at WOT when your really forcing it in there it will fire. just another idea probably not it but worth a shot

To check for the leaking seal or base gaskets (or head gasket for that matter), you could do a leak test on the motor. If it's not holding vacuum, that will narrow things down a lot! Looking back, I should have done this- that seal was a BITCH!

sounds like a blown piston or ring to me thats what mine did both times you realy should check the compression a checker is only like 40 bucks at sears

you want the same number for both sides mines usualy 140

unless its blown then mines 140 and 10 lol :bolt:

• 4 weeks later...
Did you happen to make sure that your float bowls were on the proper carbs? The one with the littlle brass ball on the front of it has to be on the carb with the choke pull (left).  If it is not the left cylinder will not run right.

400883[/snapback]

Only makes a difference starting. Even if they were on the wring side, it would run fine once it warmed up.

What was the shee running like before the problem showed itself?? Is it backfiring? Seems like it's bogging in lower RPM's and then all of the sudden the left side seem to start firing and then the RPMS skyrise and the shee comes to life?? I just had this problem a couple days ago and come to find out the jetting setting were all screwed, I think due to the seasonal temp change