My 03 build

Thank you SandSlingerOR!  As with most projects like this it never goes as fast as you like and progress can be painfully slow at times lol.  Hopefully within a month or so this thing can be finished up and out in the dirt where it belongs!!

Tony

Thanks gusto!  Gonna start setting up the front end geometry today.  I do it a little different then some folks may do it.  I remove the shocks and then get my chassis at the ride height I want front and rear and make sure it's level side to side.  From there I begin the time consuming process of setting the camber, castor, and toe. 

For a starting point I'm going for right at 1/8" toe in, between 6*-8* castor, and -1 to -1.5* camber.  From doing some reading on here those numbers should give me a decent starting point to work with.  Once I have a chance to get some seat time on it I'll see how it feels with that range of settings. 

As more goodies come in and get installed I'll post more pics

Thanks again gusto!

Tony

Made some progress over the weekend. Got the front end geometry set and locked down. Cut the front fender and mounted that up to see how it looks. Disregard the shitty blue radiator shroud. I don't have my black one yet and wanted to mount the front plastics. The tank side covers had taken a twisted set. So hoping with them bolted on they will come back to normal shape. Last I heard on the rear fender is first week of July. Next decision will be what seat cover to go with. Initially looked at quadtech seat cover. Already have one on the other quad and love it! I'm open to suggestions though on who makes a good gripper cover.

Not much change in appearance but the front plastics are on.fef7ac1c08c6bc303d8e169030af90c1.jpg20070ff07fbb2502f3c222089f2ef1c3.jpged4fc05f8e5cec3c5122a8e817b5ce51.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

VRX46, you're not far off in that statement!  As of right now the only parts being reused from the original bike are the gas tank, front spindles, and seat pan lol.  One of these days I'll get a garage sale going for all the good left over parts.  Rear fenders should be here Wed of this coming week finally, been waiting just short of 3 months for new OEM rear fenders.  I ran into an issue fitting up the XFR nerf bars, I contacted them and it sounds like they are gonna do what it takes to make things right.  We'll see though with that.  After the rear fenders and the nerfs I'll just be waiting on the lump that goes in the middle of the chassis and the pipes for that lump.  Still don't know what pipes I'm going with, wanna see some numbers and go from there to start the selection process.  Really haven't been able to do much with it since my last update, just waiting on parts and a motor.  I do need to get some brake lines for this thing, I like to stop every now and then.

Thanks for checking in on the thread.  Wish I had more progress to show for the time but the great wait continues.  I'll post up some pics with the new bumper and graphics, BFD right lol.

Tony

Disregard the original seat sitting on there, still need to send the seat to Cascade for a new custom cover. I put the seat on so I can sit there or hop up and down making 2 stroke engine noises. When I'm feeling like I really need to step it up a notch, I put a shop fan in front of me to simulate going fast lol. Of course by then the engine noises get stupid loud and the cops get called. Kinda like starting a fresh small block at 3 am with open headers. ;)2ad354f5e076143097083720f172f09e.jpgb6ad5c07888d716200455be8c5cac8dc.jpgeec86c439bcb445beefa7f37d813c7f5.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Not much of an update but wanted to post up recent progress. Still waiting on the motor from Redline, shade over 4 months so hoping that bitch rips!!! Got the rear fenders installed and mocked up the nerfs. The nerfbars are built nicely but the right side was a bitch to get mounted, foot peg was welded on at an angle which helped create about an 1 1/2" gap at the rear mounting locations. Talked with XFR and they said this is normal. Scratched my head about the whole that's normal thing but they're on for now.

Tony635a3f533c6a4d4f52865fed7aa6db67.jpgf4e1f6ceb02c8fe5e9a0ecf70ffba502.jpg00fd7794b9c61367112bc1e8566aebde.jpga04a7b5ccb1bfee37bd34a85fefdc338.jpg6bd9076d160cc0cbc0615e34df46a823.jpg

Not much of an update but wanted to post up recent progress. Still waiting on the motor from Redline, shade over 4 months so hoping that bitch rips!!! Got the rear fenders installed and mocked up the nerfs. The nerfbars are built nicely but the right side was a bitch to get mounted, foot peg was welded on at an angle which helped create about an 1 1/2" gap at the rear mounting locations. Talked with XFR and they said this is normal. Scratched my head about the whole that's normal thing but they're on for now.

Tony635a3f533c6a4d4f52865fed7aa6db67.jpgf4e1f6ceb02c8fe5e9a0ecf70ffba502.jpg00fd7794b9c61367112bc1e8566aebde.jpga04a7b5ccb1bfee37bd34a85fefdc338.jpg6bd9076d160cc0cbc0615e34df46a823.jpg

I suggest you to send Cam weekly messages!! Lol!!

Envoyé de mon SM-G935W8 en utilisant Tapatalk

Thanks for the compliment! I originally wanted to do red and black plastics but finding a new set of red plastics that I wanted was damn near impossible. The blue was easy enough to find and once I got them on and cut I liked them even more. As for the graphics, this is the second full custom set I've ordered from them and they are nice. Good quality, thick, and pretty easy to apply once you get the hang of it.