HALF cut fenders

balistc

Okay, I did a search and couldn't find anything...which is surprising, because I can normally find everything else I need on here :biggrin:

Has anyone ever "half-cut" their rear fenders before?

I like the full cut fronts and rears, but I also like non-cut rears. Sooo I thought I'd try something different and half-cut my spare rear fender (which is in fairly poor condition anyway).

What do y'all think?

9pqa0m.jpg

15pgw92.jpg

2wlykg6.jpg

I did it with a hacksaw, and will need to sand it down to make the edges nice and smooth, as well as remove the stickers that are on the rear fender. I'm also going to strip the black paint off the rest of my fenders back to blue, remove any stress marks with a heat gun, then buff all the plastics with a restoring compound and buffing wheel...should be good as new :)

I love the way it looks....but for some reason, can't seem to find anyone else who has done it.

Thoughts?? Thanks :thumbsup:

You know what would look good. Draw a line down the center of your bike and cut the plastics there so your bike is cut in half... that would be sweet

Great idea....you first :down:

i think it looks pretty good. How bout a side view?

how heavy are those rear tires?

I'll try and get a photo this weekend....didn't take a side shot at the time!

Not sure of the weight of the tyres, but I know they are a lot lighter than my paddles, they are Maxxis iRazr's.

• 2 weeks later...