***PISMO DUNES (warning)*****

johnny boy

the last three times I went, so one in our camp had an ice chest or gas cans stolen. Been going on for years.

Next trip we are leaving a can or two out not locked up. We have a special quad that runs on gas and sugar, and if someone is that hard up to steal the gas they can have it. We use older gas cans that we will not mis much and have a special marking as to not get confused later with our race gas.

I have always locked everything up and tyhe cable goes around the axle on the trailer through the propane tanks, gas cans, bbq's, tables and quads, not a problem to date.

I will be out there for labor day and thanksgiving.

I am thinking about going out there in a couple of weeks. I might go buy some security wire and some tarps now to lock and secure some of my stuff up. I don't want them putting crap in my gas tank or gas cans, or stealing my stuff.

Man people like this make me angry.

Edited by feedmelies

If you know someone is stealing gas cans... nifty trick to get back at them: Mix 1 gal of gas with 4 gal of methanol and leave the cans sitting out. Then steal it... smells like gas, looks like gas, but with the methanol mixed in it will blow their shit up hardcore. We had someone who would steal our cans every time we went to walden and we did this. Cans stopped disapearing and we went camp to camp the next day and we are pretty sure we found the kids doing it. Couple high-school kids and they were complaining evey bike they brought blew up that morning on their first ride. Ha Ha Ha!

That's priceless, I'd pay to see that shit :evil: