UFC

njbanshee

Does anyone else that fight was fixed. All the hype about forrest beating shogun, and how shogun is the best. They would say shogun more than forrest in the previews. Then the pole they had, it had Forrest ahead when i believe he was a complete underdog. It just seems weird. Does anyone feel the same?

I think the fight was fair... Forest just out fought him..... If Rampage doesnt land a homerun punch, he is not that good. Im actually really happy that Forest beat his Ghetto ass...

Yep, Forrest just out fought him, really close fight, but Forrest looked and fought like he wanted it more. He wasn't waiting on that "one punch", he fought every round and that is why he won. All or nothing, go for broke, balls out...that's all he knows.

I agree.. I am soo happy Forrest won and showed his stuff. He doesnt mess around. He took out Rampages leg and look away his power. It wasnt rigged like Rampage said he is a great fighter and he deserved to win.

I like Forrest. But I dont think he did enough to take away the belt. I thought the first round was a two pointer in jacksons favor. Second round forrest and third round split. Ive followed the ufc for years and typically in title fights the challenger has to win convincingly over the title holder.

Edited by jugriggs

Ive followed the ufc for years and typically in title fights the challenger has to win convincingly over the title holder.

I agree with you in that i was surprised they gave it to forrest. If figured for sure they would raise rampages hand and piss me off. I think forrest did outfight him and he deserved to win. It shouldn't matter if it is a title fight or not. They should judge the same and the winner should win period. That decision actually renewed my faith in their judging a bit. Ive seen some questionable decisions in some recent fights (bisping hamill) I am glad forrest won and i think he deserved it.

I like Forrest. But I dont think he did enough to take away the belt. I thought the first round was a two pointer in jacksons favor. Second round forrest and third round split. Ive followed the ufc for years and typically in title fights the challenger has to win convincingly over the title holder.

a knockdown doesnt automatically mean a 10-8 round.

what exactly did rampage do the entire fight to make you think forrest didnt win convincingly? forrest chopped rampage down with the kicks to which rampage had no answer. forrest worked rampage on the ground as well. rampage had nothing to offer off his back. forrest put him in a pretty tight triangle too.. forrest pushed the pace the entire fight and wasnt scared to walk in and get punched if need be.

other than the knockdown of forrest in the first, what else did rampage do?? a few punches here and there was all. no kicks, no takedowns and an overall counterstriker offense.

as i watched the fight i had no question as to who was winning the fight. during the fight rampages corner told him he was losing. and at the end, rampage said he got his ass whooped.. seems pretty clear cut to me.

as i watched the fight i had no question as to who was winning the fight. during the fight rampages corner told him he was losing. and at the end, rampage said he got his ass whooped.. seems pretty clear cut to me.

I agree, however, i have seen some pretty shitty judging. i would have bet anything they would give the fight to hamill when he fought that cocky dickweed bisping.

I was suprised Forrest got any kicks off with Joe Rogan hanging so tightly from his nuts. Griffin seems the most beatable of the ufc Champs right now and with how stacked the UFC 205 division is I don't see him keeping it for very long. Jackson and his camp seemed to underestimate Forrest and paid for it, oh well back to the drawing board and now Chuck Liddell has a champion he can beat holding the strap for a final run before he retires. Liddell has to pass through Rashad Evans to get that shot but I've seen numerous times what Liddell does to wrestlers and I don't think Evans will be any different.

I like Forest, but I do not think he will hold the belt for long... There are some guys in the 205 division that are going to get a shot here soon, and I think they would be a tough fight for him... Thiago Silva, Patrick Cote and Lyoto Machida are guys I would not want to mess with in that division, and then there is always the Iceman and Wanderlei Silva... There will be some good fights for Forest in the future.

I agree, however, i have seen some pretty shitty judging. i would have bet anything they would give the fight to hamill when he fought that cocky dickweed bisping.

bisping and hammil was a lot closer than rampage and forrest. i agree about that fight. it was very close to call.

I like Forest, but I do not think he will hold the belt for long... There are some guys in the 205 division that are going to get a shot here soon, and I think they would be a tough fight for him... Thiago Silva, Patrick Cote and Lyoto Machida are guys I would not want to mess with in that division, and then there is always the Iceman and Wanderlei Silva... There will be some good fights for Forest in the future.

well he took out shogun and now rampage. hes got chuck, machida and wand.. him and wand have been training together at extreme couture so im not sure how soon they would fight each other. silva isnt quite there yet. he will need a few more wins. the above guys will get theirs before he does. cote is a middleweight homie!

i think one of forrests best assets is randy couture as a trainer. randy always has a good gameplan and sticks to it.