Bought new all balls crank bearings...

Hey everyone. I once again have another question...

I recently bought the crank bearings for my banshee to replace the old ones before re-assembly. We put them on, but I had a question.

Where the bearing usually sits on the c-clip in the case, there is a rubber o-ring on the bearing. I was wondering If I just get rid of the o-rings and use the clips, or am I supposed to ditch the clips and use the o-rings instead..? Im assuming that I get rid of the o-ring and just use the c-clips.

I need to know ASAP. thanks!

Hey everyone. I once again have another question...

I recently bought the crank bearings for my banshee to replace the old ones before re-assembly. We put them on, but I had a question.

Where the bearing usually sits on the c-clip in the case, there is a rubber o-ring on the bearing. I was wondering If I just get rid of the o-rings and use the clips, or am I supposed to ditch the clips and use the o-rings instead..? Im assuming that I get rid of the o-ring and just use the c-clips.

I need to know ASAP. thanks!

Ditch the C clips. Keep the O-rings.

umm now wait a minute.. it ismy understanding that those c-clips keep that crank from pulling out the clutch side of the engine. your gears are angle cut causing them to want to pull on the crank.. i run the clip on top and bottom with my 10mm and i have straight cut gears. i think you better check with a reputable builder on this. maybe jeff @ FAST will chime in here.. i cant imagine just ditching the clips that keep your crank from pulling out the side of your motor.

umm now wait a minute.. it ismy understanding that those c-clips keep that crank from pulling out the clutch side of the engine. your gears are angle cut causing them to want to pull on the crank.. i run the clip on top and bottom with my 10mm and i have straight cut gears. i think you better check with a reputable builder on this. maybe jeff @ FAST will chime in here.. i cant imagine just ditching the clips that keep your crank from pulling out the side of your motor.

exactly my thoughts, thats why i posted in here. I wasnt quite sure why the bearings had o-ring on them?

exactly my thoughts, thats why i posted in here. I wasnt quite sure why the bearings had o-ring on them?

i sent jeff @ FAST a pm asking him to look at the thread. i think hes gonna agree with what i said, but i would hold off to find out for sure. i really cant imagine just ditching those clips.

i sent jeff @ FAST a pm asking him to look at the thread. i think hes gonna agree with what i said, but i would hold off to find out for sure. i really cant imagine just ditching those clips.

thanks. we were looking at it, saying, well wtf holds the crank in place then? We figured maybe the o-ring sits in the slot somewhat, but i wanted to come on here to mae sure. Im very finicky about this stuff

thanks. we were looking at it, saying, well wtf holds the crank in place then? We figured maybe the o-ring sits in the slot somewhat, but i wanted to come on here to mae sure. Im very finicky about this stuff

honestly man, i would run the clips.. i heard jeff is out of town so looking for an answer from him might not happen. i just put my motor back together a month ago and it has the o-rings. i took them off and ran the clips.

Why do you use O-Rings on the main bearings instead of set pins like the OEM?

O-Rings are much better than set pins as the O-Ring will help stabilize the bearings in engine cases that are becoming worn.

WTF? what kind of sense does that make? cases becoming warn? does anyone else see anything majorly fuckin wrong with this shit. how the fuck is that little squishy o-ring gonna stabilize anything? fuck that shit. run the clips.

I think you guys are all talking about two differnet things here...The OEM crank bearings have little titts on them that sit in an indention where the case halves meet. The aftermarket cranks have o rings that doo away with the little titts that stick out of the OEM bearings.. also, there is a clip on the PTO side of the crank that keeps the crank fron walking out of the cases...you MUST put that clip in...I use two...one on top and one on bottom.

I think you guys are all talking about two differnet things here...The OEM crank bearings have little titts on them that sit in an indention where the case halves meet. The aftermarket cranks have o rings that doo away with the little titts that stick out of the OEM bearings.. also, there is a clip on the PTO side of the crank that keeps the crank fron walking out of the cases...you MUST put that clip in...I use two...one on top and one on bottom.

when i got my crank back from GT perf it has an o-ring on the clutch side bearing. i thought it was strange when i saw it. i pulled it off and of course used the clips. sounds like this guy might have gotten the same type of deal. i think thats why hes questioning whether or not to run the clips. im betting his had an o-ring in there too.

You CANNOT run the crank without the clips, it will result in major damage, the crank will move under load and mess the cases up!! I just got a 4mm Hotrods with tho o'rings on the side, removed them and use the clips, the o'rings are just there to prevent the bearings from spinning in the cases in worst case, I put 2 drops of retaining compound on all bearing if the cases is a bit worn, it definately not to stabilize the bearing, the cases keeps it in place of cause.