9.00 second drag bike?

Jroll44

10k? When I was thinking about building an rz, i calculated having about 3k or so in mine. Also, its amazing how many bad riders there are. Every weekend I go to the strip there are several people spraying their liter bikes and still having trouble breaking into the 9s.

Well, i was implying on buying a new litrebike .....

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HAHAHAH dude your so full of shit ...do you really know what it would take to run a 9 sec 1/4 mile?? an R1 out of the box high 9s hahahahaha go smoke another...nitrous isnt going to get you there I know for a fact there is a guy I know that runs a turboed busa with many many more mods that exceed 1500 and it runs a 8.67 in a 1/4 mile at 156mph..there is no way an r1 is comming close to that out the box with 1500 in mods,,I know stroker gixxer 1100s that dont come close to that!

my buddy's zx14 with a power comander and a 100 shot with air shifter ran a 7.9 ballz out

• 1 month later...

okay dont post much but read alot on here, I am a streetbike dragracer, and have my old 87 banshee for the trails. I have a 05 GSXR1000, the motor is fully capable of getting in the upper 9s stock, problem with the liter bikes is weight and wheelbase launching. Lower and stretch them and there ya go. Or put it in a banshee chassis set up right and no problem running 9's though some nitrous or turbo on there and 8s are easy. I have a turbo on it now and dyno about 230 and run 8.8s all day. 100 percent stock engine/clutch. And I weigh 220. I was running high 9s on stock motor. Weight makes a huge difference with these light weight bikes.

If I wanted to make a drag banshee it would prolly be a turbo GSXR 1000 motor in it, or at least a 60 hp dry shot. either way you looking at about 210-230 hp plenty to get low 9's

And as was said, alot of guys just cant launch I remember when I had my 00 busa stock pipes just lowered and geared running 9.8's, most guys running low 10s wondered what I did to it. The rider makes a huge difference. One guy can get on a bike run a 9.50 another guy same weight cant get into the 9's. Launching with alot of power in a bike is harder than people realize.

Edited by AverageJoe

• 3 weeks later...
okay dont post much but read alot on here, I am a streetbike dragracer, and have my old 87 banshee for the trails. I have a 05 GSXR1000, the motor is fully capable of getting in the upper 9s stock, problem with the liter bikes is weight and wheelbase launching. Lower and stretch them and there ya go. Or put it in a banshee chassis set up right and no problem running 9's though some nitrous or turbo on there and 8s are easy. I have a turbo on it now and dyno about 230 and run 8.8s all day. 100 percent stock engine/clutch. And I weigh 220. I was running high 9s on stock motor. Weight makes a huge difference with these light weight bikes.

If I wanted to make a drag banshee it would prolly be a turbo GSXR 1000 motor in it, or at least a 60 hp dry shot. either way you looking at about 210-230 hp plenty to get low 9's

And as was said, alot of guys just cant launch I remember when I had my 00 busa stock pipes just lowered and geared running 9.8's, most guys running low 10s wondered what I did to it. The rider makes a huge difference. One guy can get on a bike run a 9.50 another guy same weight cant get into the 9's. Launching with alot of power in a bike is harder than people realize.

I was running low 10's on a KZ 750 with only cams and and a pipe 24 years ago. I only weighed 135 then. I put on a whole ten pounds sinse then but I would bet any one on any day that I could take a bone stock 175 hp R1 deep into the 9's within 5 passes. And I havent rode on 2 wheels in over 15 years.

I was running low 10's on a KZ 750 with only cams and and a pipe 24 years ago. I only weighed 135 then. I put on a whole ten pounds sinse then but I would bet any one on any day that I could take a bone stock 175 hp R1 deep into the 9's within 5 passes. And I havent rode on 2 wheels in over 15 years.

i would bet a paycheck you couldn`t. easier said than done.9`s is fast. i spend alot of time at the track .. stock wheel based ,getting it to hook and not wheelie. 5 passes is a pipe dream.don`t hurt your arm patting yourself on the back.