bought banshee ... cant get it to start please help

alrighty guys ... well i just bought a new banshee and i cant seem to get the thing to start ???

i rode it when i got it and it was fine ... but now it wont start ... we put new gas in it, new plugs, and its getting spark ...

we tried to pull start it and it wont even start that way ... is there anything i should check ... please help me out guys

alrighty guys ... well i just bought a new banshee and i cant seem to get the thing to start ???

i rode it when i got it and it was fine ... but now it wont start ... we put new gas in it, new plugs, and its getting spark ...

we tried to pull start it and it wont even start that way ... is there anything i should check ... please help me out guys

well make sure you got the key and kill switch turned on then turn the fuel on, then check to see if its acually getting spark. try to shock your self to be sure. then make sure its getting air, might pull the filter off to make sure its breathing good enough. make sure the carbs have fuel in the bowls, by unscrewing the screw at the bottom to see if they drain. if that doesnt get it to start try cleanning the carbs out maybe you got a jet clogged, check compression too...you need atleast 100 to run any good.

Edited by magz

I'm not trying to be an ass, but is your kill switch set to ON?

There was a time when mine refused to run, I couldn't figure it out, changed plugs, thought I checked everything... turned out I switched my kill switch to OFF for some dumb reason. :shoothead:

switch is on ... and spark is good ... ill check the carbs but those were just replaced about a year ago... new fuel .. and everything ... it runs at times and then let it sit for a day or tow go to start it wont start at all .... how do i check if there is fuel in the bowls??? -derek

hi there,

to check if there is fuel in the bowls, you turn your petcock on. then you undo the screws on the bottom of the bowls and visually see if fuel comes out of the drain hoses next to the screws. another trick is to take off the air filters and cover the carb opening with your hand and kick it over. you should see fuel rise out of the main nozzle.

O.K.

So when it DOES start, what do you do to get it to start?

Just narrowing down the problem a little bit.

Right now I'm leaning on a fuel delivery problem, as the other two (spark and air) aren't likely to be variable or intermittent aside for a CDI, coil, or short in the loom.

When it runs, does it run well? Does it backfire? How are you mixing the fuel? What kind of fuel? What kind of oil/gas mix? Does it backfire? Does it idle without stalling? For how long?

etc., etc., etc.